jetboy

Re: Salem, MA screening

Post by jetboy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:33 am

Halloween in Salem must be cool.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:19 am

I live relatively nearby.

Yes, Halloween season is pretty cool there. However it is overdone and tacky. Going in the evenings is better because the traffic is far less severe. In walking about the downtown in the evening, the visibility is reduced to the lights and attractions. Feels better.

However there are a fair number of historical sites (the actual historical sites, not the campy tourist traps) that are better done a day time.

I've not tried going to Salem directly on Halloween. I figure it'd be complete traffic nightmare + parking headache, with packed sidewalks added as a bonus. No thank you on that.

But yes, in the weeks leading up to Halloween it is worth seeing. You should give it a try. Take the historical tours first thing in the morning. Then go in to Boston for lunch and the afternoon. In the evening, return to Salem for a walk.

jetboy

Post by jetboy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:59 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:I live relatively nearby.

Yes, Halloween season is pretty cool there. However it is overdone and tacky. Going in the evenings is better because the traffic is far less severe. In walking about the downtown in the evening, the visibility is reduced to the lights and attractions. Feels better.

However there are a fair number of historical sites (the actual historical sites, not the campy tourist traps) that are better done a day time.

I've not tried going to Salem directly on Halloween. I figure it'd be complete traffic nightmare + parking headache, with packed sidewalks added as a bonus. No thank you on that.

But yes, in the weeks leading up to Halloween it is worth seeing. You should give it a try. Take the historical tours first thing in the morning. Then go in to Boston for lunch and the afternoon. In the evening, return to Salem for a walk.
Thanks Id really like to. Ive been once just to get the vibe but yeah I guess I wouldnt be the only one thinking that itd be a good place for Halloween.

I wish I were closer. Doing all that and seeing LTROI sounds like a perfect Halloween.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:08 am

Just came back. Wasn't the best theater but it was nice seeing it on the big screen with the soundtrack amplified.
No banaaaanas?

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:41 am

You went! Excellent!

Was it crowded? Had most seen it before? Any pre or post commentary?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 am

It was 75% full I think. Some band played "I'll Put a Spell on You" from Hocus Pocus before it started but there was no intro for the film itself.

There was I think a young kid in the theater, maybe 12 or 13. Asked a few questions ("is that acid?") and wanted to leave early because the film was boring and "nothing happened". :lol:
No banaaaanas?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”