Lina and Kare great "acting".

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
ltroifanatic

Lina and Kare great "acting".

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 am

I came across this in a review for another movie (Gifted..it looks like a goody) but you can apply it to any gifted child actor."Some child actors have an ability to disappear completely into a role,perhaps because they still possess a strong fantasy life. Acting is like playing in that sense,but that's not possible unless the child is also precociously intelligent,able to interpret and produce complex emotions without visible effort.All the director has to do is get out of the way and make sure the child doesn't try to "act"the role."Maybe that's the difference between LMI and LTROI ?..In LMI the kids act the characters.In LTROI the kids are the characters.Hope that makes sense..lol..it did when I wrote it.. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Re: Lina and Kare great "acting".

Post by dongregg » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 am

Right on the button, ltroifanatic!

In the 2008 Eftersnack interview, Lina said that making the movie was fun. Pressed about the death of Jocke. "It was great fun." Wasn't it nasty in a way? "No, it was really fun and interesting." (Woofy's subs) :D

Somewhere I saw her say that she was Eli during the filming. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”