Skype Call to Talk LTROI

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Wolfchild

Re: Skype Call to Talk LTROI

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 am

PeteMork wrote:
ltroifanatic wrote:Hey I'm up for it anytime.It was such fun and very informative.I'm still reading all the great FF that was mentioned.ACL I tried to get into your link but it says i'm not authorised to read that forum. :think:
Did you try the WTI link? It works for me.
It puzzles me that the link would work for you. :think: According to the settings, only one forum user and the Global Moderators can see that forum. What do you see when you visit that link?

That forum was part of an idea I had long ago (apparently over six years ago) that never panned out. This idea was discussed a little bit in the Skype group therapy session. Frankly, I had even forgotten that the mods could see it. :oops:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 am

Wolfchild, I can't seem to find your page with the tale of the hands, the film subscripts, and so much more.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 am

I for one would certainly enjoy another "group therapy" session sometime. It was refreshing to get to talk with others in real-time with a shared passion for LtROI. Never really had that experience before.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:38 am

Wolfchild wrote:
PeteMork wrote:
ltroifanatic wrote:Hey I'm up for it anytime.It was such fun and very informative.I'm still reading all the great FF that was mentioned.ACL I tried to get into your link but it says i'm not authorised to read that forum. :think:
Did you try the WTI link? It works for me.
It puzzles me that the link would work for you. :think: According to the settings, only one forum user and the Global Moderators can see that forum. What do you see when you visit that link?

That forum was part of an idea I had long ago (apparently over six years ago) that never panned out. This idea was discussed a little bit in the Skype group therapy session. Frankly, I had even forgotten that the mods could see it. :oops:
I see the timeline for Saturday, beginning at 3:48PM: <ACL>[ [12/9/2017 3:48:06 PM] *** has made the chat history visible to everyone. ***

It further documents everyone else being added, and a few comments among online participants.

It ends with: [12/9/2017 10:32:20 PM] *** Call ended, duration 2:41:05 ***
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 am

dongregg wrote:Wolfchild, I can't seem to find your page with the tale of the hands, the film subscripts, and so much more.
Did you try the link in my sig?

woof
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 am

Wolfchild wrote:
dongregg wrote:Wolfchild, I can't seem to find your page with the tale of the hands, the film subscripts, and so much more.
Did you try the link in my sig?

woof
Got it. Read a bit. Read A Tale Told by Hands again. Wow!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:16 am

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 am

Oh goodness, the call audio makes me sound like a middle school kid. :shock:

It's a good thing we did it video style or you'd probably have all been thinking "did Spartan's little brother get on his computer or something?" Maybe you were anyway, heh. Sorry for my poor audio quality though!

Burst out laughing when I got to the point where we discussed the issue of the legs in the pool scene.

"This is like the LtROI equivalent of the magic bullet. The bullet curved! How did it curve?!"

"Yeah, there was a second vampire on the grassy knoll."
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 am

Thanks, ACL and Wolfchild. If this doesn't attract more future participants I don't know what will. (Unless, of course, it scares them all off.) :o
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:12 am

Yea thanks ACL and Wolfchild.I had such a good time and I'm sure more fans will come next time.Thanks ACL it wouldn't have happened with out you.Thanks too Wolfchild for the audio.Is that really me?.I thought I'd sound like Barry White.."Oh darling I,can't get enough of that book baby"..haha. :D :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”