Another LTROI Review

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
PeteMork

Re: Another LTROI Review

Post by PeteMork » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:06 am

And here's yet another review. It has a current date, but it looks vaguely familiar. And, I'm not sure I agree with much of it.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/stor ... e-in-revi/
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 am

PeteMork wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:06 am
And here's yet another review. It has a current date, but it looks vaguely familiar. And, I'm not sure I agree with much of it.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/stor ... e-in-revi/
Seems very up to date with Hoyte Van Hoytema now up for an Oscar and the mention of the unfortunate Snowman. That the original is all about the horrors of adolescence seems off base to me. That was more the thinking in Let Me In.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Same old trailer, but the comments are mostly fresh, and there are some good thoughts about how the film shows sides of Sweden that are real but rarely explored on screen. I like that the comments stick to the angst of pre-pubescence rather than adolescence (which LMI, the Jack Thorne play, and projected TV series don't).
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”