one of my fav scenes

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
ltroifanatic

one of my fav scenes

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:44 am

Well to be truthful every scene in this masterpiece is a fav but have been thinking of the scene when Oskar hugs Eli behind the shop.She looks so small and helpless with her lil top with the safety pin.Then when Oskar hugs her they both look confused and awkward.Oskar still holding his lollies as he hugs her.It's such a lovely scene. :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Re: one of my fav scenes

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 pm

I know! Bless both their little hearts. (Men lilla vän.)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:49 pm

It's an important step by Oskar. He has to be brave enough in that moment. This is important in the novel as well. Because he's seldom had friends, much less a girl friend (notice the space character between 'girl' and 'friend), this is new territory. Because of his age, he's acting in the moment, unencumbered by maturity and experiences. So, he drives though what must be some level of 'oh, what can i do?' to a desire to let his friend know that even though she just got sick, he's there.

We can sit here and analyze all we want. But it's the scene's showing of care and innocence makes it so memorable.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:30 am

It's probably the cutest scene that made it to the finished film, but the extra screen when they fought... Lina looked so adorable both pouting and smiling. I know many agree sence you guys sent her a picture of it as a gift. A good one at that.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:28 am

Yes That's a beautiful scene.Wished they had kept it in the film.When Oskar tries to make up for what he's done.He hisses at her.When I first saw it I thought she was going to hiss back in a scary vampire way but she doesn't.She hisses in an innocent childlike way then smiles..So beautiful.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:07 am

I agree. The fight is definitely one of the sweetest scenes between them.

My other favorite is when they are in bed together and Eli finally accepts Oskar's invitation to 'go steady.' I'm not sure how Alfredson was able to pull such a beautiful performance out of the two of them, but their inherent talent had to be a big part of it. The look on Eli's face is heart-warming, to say the least. :wub:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 pm

My fav is also the bed scene. It is refreshing and innocent and beautifully made and acted. :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”