Oscar's Dragon?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Daniel Ether

Oscar's Dragon?

Post by Daniel Ether » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:55 am

A few month ago i heard about a new remake. Its called "Pete's Dragon" from Walt Disney. But only when i watched the trailer i recognized it as a remake of THE movie of my childhood. In Germany/Austria its called "elliot das schmunzelmonster" what means as much as "elliot the chuckle-monster".

When i was a little boy i watched this movie over and over again. And how i longed for a friend like pete's dragon. And when i saw the trailer of the remake all the memories came back. i haven't thought about this movie for decades. and i can't help but to see so much similarities with LTROI. :think:
to some of you guys know pete's dragon? and what thoughts to you have about LTROI compared to pete's dragon?

intrige

Re: Oscar's Dragon?

Post by intrige » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:49 am

If Oskar got lost in the woods and somehow Eli got him food while they had bonfires in a cave or something, that would be a cool story. Lonley kid finds friendship in something unusual does resamble LTROI yes, I think that's one of the reasons people seem to love LTROI so much, even though it wasn't just friendship. And Pete's dragon too, probably. Every kid I think has felt lonelyness at some point, some more than others.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”