What you tell non-infected about LtROI

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
ltroifanatic

Re: What you tell non-infected about LtROI

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun May 08, 2016 2:02 am

It's been a mystery to me why some of us "get it"and most don't.I've leant it (the book and the video) out to different people from different demographics and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.The best reaction I've had came from an old biker.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun May 08, 2016 2:26 am

ltroifanatic wrote:It's been a mystery to me why some of us "get it"and most don't.I've leant it (the book and the video) out to different people from different demographics and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.The best reaction I've had came from an old biker.
And that, my good friend, is why I'm not selective about who I recommend it to.

I don't know who will like it, but I know they won't know unless they see it.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:44 am

Bumped into a Swedish guy just yesterday.He knew all about it.He hasn't read the book just seen the 2 movies but loves both of them but prefers LTROI.Was so interesting to talk to him.Gonna try to catch up with him.It's so nice to share something you love with somebody who appreciates it.He loves Swedish film and had some really interesting things to say about it and LTROI.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 am

I spoke with a woman visiting from Sweden. She has seen LTROI and approved of my pronunciation of it. Couldn't meet her again because she was heading to the Caribbean and then back to Sweden.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:55 am

You people are such great nerds :D
My BFF still chrinches when I bring it up, but I don't do it so much anymore I must admit. I don't even watch the movie anymore but I still knows all the lines. That thing is stuck in my head so I don't need to.

I do have this memory though. I was visiting stockholm a few years ago and had finally gotten my hands on a swedish pocket copy of LTROI and I read it in the bus. I woman noticed, stared at me and smiled. That was nice.

I showed that movie in class when I was 17, it was a class about bullying and the teacher who found me to be a pretty good student asked me if I knew any movies about bullying. Imagine my delight.

It must be here somewhere, cause I wrote a long detailed post about it. Hmm. :think: I don't remeber what it was called even.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:59 am

I remember such a post. Long. Somehow I don't think you meant to post it in Fan Art, but that's where I saw it. :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 am

HMMMMMMMMMM!! :think: :think: ;)

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 am

Weeeell hello there ages old post!!
http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... lass+LTROI

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks. It was good to read it again. We hope people will actively engage while watching it, but hva faen -- my step-granddaughter (20 years old) started texting halfway through. At the end, she left without saying anything about it. That was the worst reaction so far. Plenty of others liked it, but for every LTROI fan, there must be about a million Twilight fans.

Go figure!

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:15 am

Rwilight isn't really a thing here in norway anymore, or maybe I am not a teen who hangs out with teens anymore. Oh how time flies. :) I also read through it. To think I was either 17 or 18 at the time, I am 22 now. wooooww.

I stopped showing it to people. But I know if I go on a date with a girl and everything goes so well that we end up seeing a movie together sometime later, I know I will bring this one. I have before ;)

Just gotta see if they're a decent person who feels sorry for Oskar, that's all :D

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”