What you tell non-infected about LtROI

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
epicfan84

What you tell non-infected about LtROI

Post by epicfan84 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:52 am

Wondering how everyone explains LtROI to non-infected. Whenever I tell people they seem to think it's a Twilight ripoff when it's obviously not, and so much better. Might be the way I'm explaining it. This frustrates me because I absolutely can't stand Twilight. What does everyone else think?
"Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another"

intrige

Re: What you tell non-infected about LtROI

Post by intrige » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:07 am

People either say: I have head that movie/book is shady as shit. pretty sad stuff. And most people, who have seen the movie mostly go: It's so cute.
It'snot like I go around everywhere and be like: i am infected, I adore this!!!! wooaaahhh!!
It's more like: this is my fav movie, youv'e seen it, you like it? let's see it.
My best friend though, haha, She knows how much i love this movie, she knows about the forums, some of the penpals I have got from here, and he has seen all my fanart and knows I have written fanfictions. She knows. Every time I talk to someone about LTROi and she is there, she usually shighs and says: Not that movie again. usually makes me laugh. Espesially so because I made her cover herself in moe made red colors syrup and dress her up in a big thick hippie dress, and make her stand by the river for fove hours in a hot summers day. All in the name of LTROI . It was fun, but ever since, yeah. She knows. Not much to explain though.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:45 pm

I just hand them the book or pop in the movie; if we are at my place. No one has had anything bad to say so far. Quite the opposite. Still haven't got my book back... Oh well. Still have my 1st addition hardback, which I dare not open. ;)

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

intige wrote:It'snot like I go around everywhere and be like: i am infected, I adore this!!!! wooaaahhh!!
Come on intige... We know you better than that. :lol:

naxsah

Post by naxsah » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Most of the people that I talk to have never even heard of LTROI and usually dismiss it as some teen vampire indie film. It is frustrating to know that the majority of people have heard of terrible big budget films instead of genuinely good films like this.

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Drakeule wrote:
intige wrote:It'snot like I go around everywhere and be like: i am infected, I adore this!!!! wooaaahhh!!
Come on intige... We know you better than that. :lol:
Okok.. I don't do it ANYMORE :lol: U happy!? XD
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

seigezunt

Post by seigezunt » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 pm

I keep wanting to show it to friends, but I know I will be disappointed by their lack of enthusiasm.

The hardest vis a vis my wife. I know she would like the romantic coming of age element, but she hates horror movies.
"She can fly, she has amazing and horrifying powers, she isn’t exactly a boy or a girl, she can’t come inside unless she’s invited ... and she loves him. That’s enough."

--Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com

My LTROI Pinterest Board

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm

seigezunt wrote:I keep wanting to show it to friends, but I know I will be disappointed by their lack of enthusiasm.

The hardest vis a vis my wife. I know she would like the romantic coming of age element, but she hates horror movies.
Well LTROI is hardly a horror movie. Sure it's in there. But we all know now, it's a love story that just happens to have a vampire.

seigezunt

Post by seigezunt » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Drakeule wrote:
seigezunt wrote:I keep wanting to show it to friends, but I know I will be disappointed by their lack of enthusiasm.

Well LTROI is hardly a horror movie. Sure it's in there. But we all know now, it's a love story that just happens to have a vampire.
Agreed. Let me rephrase. She hates scary movies or movies with violence and bloodshed.
"She can fly, she has amazing and horrifying powers, she isn’t exactly a boy or a girl, she can’t come inside unless she’s invited ... and she loves him. That’s enough."

--Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com

My LTROI Pinterest Board

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:25 am

epicfan84 wrote:Wondering how everyone explains LtROI to non-infected. Whenever I tell people they seem to think it's a Twilight ripoff when it's obviously not, and so much better. Might be the way I'm explaining it. This frustrates me because I absolutely can't stand Twilight. What does everyone else think?
I have given up on trying. I encourage others to find out about the story but then don't push it. If I make any kind of 'big deal' about it, there's almost either a push back or turn-off involved.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”