Little things noticed upon re-viewing

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
a_contemplative_life

Re: Little things noticed upon re-viewing

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:22 pm

lor.s wrote:I have a question. I´m sorry if you talk about it before:

When Connie is caught from behind by her older brother , and ask him about the keys.
Just before that, Connie is being bullied by someone? I ask because he is claiming his cap to someone, Is´nt he?
BTW, if I haven't said so before, welcome to the forum! :D

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense that way. Thanks.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

lor.s

Post by lor.s » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
lor.s wrote:I have a question. I´m sorry if you talk about it before:

When Connie is caught from behind by her older brother , and ask him about the keys.
Just before that, Connie is being bullied by someone? I ask because he is claiming his cap to someone, Is´nt he?
BTW, if I haven't said so before, welcome to the forum! :D
Thank you!! It´s a great forum ;)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:31 am

Hi.my first post.Just loved this movie and the book.Probably noticed by everyone (cept me) when Eli and Oskar go into the basement.Its dark and just for a second Eli's eyes glow like a cats.The lights come on and she has cats eyes,blinks and they're gone.Lovely attention to detail.Also before attacking Virginia.Eli is in the tree waiting.Her hands are subtly claw shaped.have to re-watch the movie but can u see her feet in that scene?Are they claw shaped too?I'm so glad to have found this site.I'm totally obsessed by the movie and book..So many questions..In my humble opinion both book and movie are genuine masterpieces."it's just the way it is"..
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:04 am

ltroifanatic! You are soooo infected! Welcome to this forum where we are all fanatics. Yes about the eyes in the basement. Had to be pointed out to me, so kudos for spotting it. Gotta check out the tree scene.

I look forward to more of your thoughts and observations. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:50 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:Also before attacking Virginia.Eli is in the tree waiting.Her hands are subtly claw shaped.have to re-watch the movie but can u see her feet in that scene?
SAID WHAT!!???? I have never actually noticed this, and I have seen that thing like 500+ times! SAAAID WHAAAT!?
Gonna do a re-watch soon then! It's been a while.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:37 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:Also before attacking Virginia.Eli is in the tree waiting.Her hands are subtly claw shaped.have to re-watch the movie but can u see her feet in that scene?
intrige wrote:SAID WHAT!!???? I have never actually noticed this, and I have seen that thing like 500+ times! SAAAID WHAAAT!?
Gonna do a re-watch soon then! It's been a while.
Neither have I. To tell the truth, upon reviewing that scene (at slow motion) I see only Linas normal hands and fingers. They are slightly bent, of course, but that is only because she is holding on to the tree trunk. And she is wearing shoes. However, her face is digitally manipulated to look starved out.
Last edited by metoo on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:34 am

No one has yet explained to my satisfaction the swinging clothes hangers in the scene where Eli bleeds for Oskar. ;)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:37 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:No one has yet explained to my satisfaction the swinging clothes hangers in the scene where Eli bleeds for Oskar. ;)
The interesting thing to me is that it's still swinging after a couple of scene changes, or cuts, which in 'movie time' is about 20 seconds. But who know how long it is in 'real time,' with possible pauses for camera movement and angle changes. Which could imply that it was swinging deliberately, for some reason. Unless the same careless cameraman bumped it each time. :D Or, for the more obvious reason that the ventilation system on the set created a breeze that kept it swinging. :geek: )
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:42 am

At the pool scene, when Jimmy is walking up, you can see the camera crew in the reflection of the large windows.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”