Little things noticed upon re-viewing

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
StrayAway

Re: Little things noticed upon re-viewing

Post by StrayAway » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:02 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:Sorry to hear you've not been well. Hope you recover soon. Please share when you are able.
~POUNCE!~

Oops, sorry, getting to be a habit. I'm still working on the nuances of proper stalking/greeting comportment. Thank you, I'm feeling a little better, 'templative. Is that okay, if I call you that? ACL sounds like a sports injury and not very respectful. Shoot, I've been a mess; it seems like I've been sick forever this time; fever, and all sweaty and stinky. But I've had a nice very hot bath, so now, of course, you know... 8-)

Ily
"I am afraid of clowns. I hate their empty eyes and fake smiles." - (Lina Leandersson, Little White Lies interview)

StrayAway

Post by StrayAway » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:23 am

Just this one more, I promise. When Eli turns on the ancient Antikythera music device in the basement? Does anyone know what that really pretty song is, and who's singing it? Sissy says it sounds like a beautiful Swedish version of like a '40s wartime song or something. Eli was so pleased by it. Bless her heart, she's so deprived. I forgive Hakan some stuff, now, since Intrige and dongregg and especially 'templative set me straight on some stuff, but she looks so bony in that sad little outfit. Hakan could've used some of that swag to get her better play clothes! He had warm clothes and treats (an apple, which he ate in front of her, thank you, and even a glass of milk). We know she has at least one good set of gotta-move-cause-I-nommed-somebody clothes -- she wore them at the beginning of the movie. Come on, Hakan. And she owned at least one pair of panties (Sorry, Wolfchild) because we saw them; they were very nice, so I doubt Hakan chose them. Godamighty, I hope he didn't. Can you imagine? Don't. It's tough enough when your Mom or your Sissy buys your durn drawers (Sorry, Wolfchild). Not that Sissy buys mine anymore; that's when I was little.

Ily
"I am afraid of clowns. I hate their empty eyes and fake smiles." - (Lina Leandersson, Little White Lies interview)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:56 am

StrayAway wrote:Just this one more, I promise. When Eli turns on the ancient Antikythera music device in the basement? Does anyone know what that really pretty song is, and who's singing it? Sissy says it sounds like a beautiful Swedish version of like a '40s wartime song or something. Eli was so pleased by it. Bless her heart, she's so deprived. I forgive Hakan some stuff, now, since Intrige and dongregg and especially 'templative set me straight on some stuff, but she looks so bony in that sad little outfit. Hakan could've used some of that swag to get her better play clothes! He had warm clothes and treats (an apple, which he ate in front of her, thank you, and even a glass of milk). We know she has at least one good set of gotta-move-cause-I-nommed-somebody clothes -- she wore them at the beginning of the movie. Come on, Hakan. And she owned at least one pair of panties (Sorry, Wolfchild) because we saw them; they were very nice, so I doubt Hakan chose them. Godamighty, I hope he didn't. Can you imagine? Don't. It's tough enough when your Mom or your Sissy buys your durn drawers (Sorry, Wolfchild). Not that Sissy buys mine anymore; that's when I was little.

Ily
It's "Forsonade," by Agnetha Faltskog

StrayAway

Post by StrayAway » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Oh, thank you! Thank you, thank you, Contemplative_Life, that is so killer! I'm going to listen to it over and over while I work at my puzzle board! And I'm going to play it through the house speakers when I serve Sissy coffee and breakfast later! Thank you, that is so cool and thoughtful, thank you very much! Do you know what's in the tree outside my puzzle room window wall right now? A white robin. Truly! It's an albino robin. A christmastime robin! Have you even ever heard of such a thing? Gyah.

Ily

StrayAway

Post by StrayAway » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Oh god -- that looks like that girl from ABBA! Is it her?! I'm gonna look it up! ABBA was my Mommy's favorite, favorite band, ever! I don't believe it! I WAS destined to find this movie, I knew it, templative! It was supposed to find me! oh no now Im crine1!

StrayAway

Post by StrayAway » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Please, i know Im being pesty but please will someone tell me what the words mean, please? I can make pralines, very, very good pralines, honestly, and I'll really truly make you some and send them when I have permission.

StrayAway

Post by StrayAway » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm sorry, I calmed down and looked on the site, like Wolfchild recommends before yapping idiotically (moi). I'm trying to learn to think patiently, everyone, I'm sorry for all my text mess. Does Wolfchild get the pralines..? A split with Contemplative_life..? A praline double whammy, with a mess of pralines for both..? Hmmm.

Ily

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm

The text from tthe song by the women from ABBA is about forgiveness and wanting to keep someone forever.
"Take my hand now, give me your love. Put me in your embrace again." Is a quote from the sing I remember from the top of my head, because it fitted the scene soooo perfectly.

Your impatience and youthful spirit is part of your charm Illy. No worries, we don't mind at all. :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

seigezunt

Post by seigezunt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:03 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:
StrayAway wrote:Just this one more, I promise. When Eli turns on the ancient Antikythera music device in the basement? Does anyone know what that really pretty song is, and who's singing it? Sissy says it sounds like a beautiful Swedish version of like a '40s wartime song or something. Eli was so pleased by it. Bless her heart, she's so deprived. I forgive Hakan some stuff, now, since Intrige and dongregg and especially 'templative set me straight on some stuff, but she looks so bony in that sad little outfit. Hakan could've used some of that swag to get her better play clothes! He had warm clothes and treats (an apple, which he ate in front of her, thank you, and even a glass of milk). We know she has at least one good set of gotta-move-cause-I-nommed-somebody clothes -- she wore them at the beginning of the movie. Come on, Hakan. And she owned at least one pair of panties (Sorry, Wolfchild) because we saw them; they were very nice, so I doubt Hakan chose them. Godamighty, I hope he didn't. Can you imagine? Don't. It's tough enough when your Mom or your Sissy buys your durn drawers (Sorry, Wolfchild). Not that Sissy buys mine anymore; that's when I was little.

Ily
It's "Forsonade," by Agnetha Faltskog
This is great! Are there threads which discuss the other pop songs in the film?
"She can fly, she has amazing and horrifying powers, she isn’t exactly a boy or a girl, she can’t come inside unless she’s invited ... and she loves him. That’s enough."

--Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com

My LTROI Pinterest Board

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:27 pm

You mean, flash in the night? The one that is played during the swimmingpool scene? It is awsome! It describes Eli so well, he is the flash in the night!!
-"As a break of dawn came closer
AII my hopes seemed so forlorn.
The misty signs of laughter
And the light eluded all.
My despair was caught in motion"

-"A face just barely true -
Shadows in blue."

-"A flash in the night . . ."

-"In the changing of the season
Releasing one lost name.
The scar once healed forever
Dissolving in the rain.