Puzzle I just made

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
sauvin

Re: Puzzle I just made

Post by sauvin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Argh. I don't have Windows. The browser I used is firefox.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:37 pm

I'll try that...

D_mn! It works! Thanks.

You might want to mention this in your FanArt thread.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:43 pm

sauvin wrote:Image

From Amazon Drive:

1) Upload the pic.
2) Wait a while for it to upload.
3) When the pic is uploaded, click on it.
4) I right-clicked on the expanded pic and clicked on "copy image address".
5) Bop on over to WTI, start a new post, right click in the edit area, and click on "paste".
6) Sandwich the URL between the {img} and {\img} tags, using square braces rather than the curly ones I used here.
7) Profit.
Testing.

That seems to work. I was using the provided shared link before (which doesn't seem to work).

PS. I am also using the "spoiler" tags to hide the picture as well.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:48 am

Update on hot linking ...

The Amazon Drive linking doesn't work :(

Amazon Drive issues a temporary link which is why it seemed to work, but this link is time limited. The link bellow has the word "templink" in it which is a huge clue.
https://content-eu.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/JUzp53Q3fG8ZkMCpbJGvKChLaw6GeMDIYz1Vb0BtbF4pX92IB?viewBox=1440
The hunt for a free hot linking site continues... or set up my own nas web server which I don't really want to do as I'll have to start learning all about web server administration *sigh*.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:04 pm

I have a flickr account. Let's see how long this URL remains valid. I'll select one of my pics, then do 'share' and then 'BBCode'. This is a copy/paste of what pops up at me:

ImageHot Cross Buns by gkmoberg1, on Flickr

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm

PeteMork wrote:I'll try that...

D_mn! It works! Thanks.

You might want to mention this in your FanArt thread.
Looks like it has stopped working.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Trying Flickr...

Hmmm, that seems to work. Had to edit the link to remove my name and stuff, but it works ... for now.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:47 pm

In another thread, I noticed the same thing last night: Amazon Drive just furnishes timed temporary links. I've not found any way to get around that, and don't feel much motivated to try very hard because there's just something about Amazon I don't really trust. So far, the images I stored on Google Photos seem to be holding up, but it's only been a week or so.

I've doing searches on "photobucket news" every so often to see if anything new has developed in the thirty or forty days since they shut hotlinking down, and have just been finding links to folks on fora like ours just now discovering their image histories are gone. For all that folks blustered with talk of legal action, nothing has popped up. I'm presuming sites like flickr and imgur are making note of this fact, and I'm presuming they're facing the same kinds of pressures photobucket did. I'll be mildly surprised if they don't follow suit within a year or so, although if they do, one devoutly hopes they'll have also noted that photobucket's CE0 admitted the anger and resentment their actions evoked was... heh... "unexpected". I think it likely that "free as in beer" image hosting will rapidly start going byebye.

My feeling at this time is that the best bet in the "hopefully longer than short" for hosting images for hotlinking would be with something like google: a colossus with huge hardware and network resources who can easily afford to be much more ambassadorial towards anonymous individual horde members like ourselves. The only other realistic alternative I can see at this time is to set up a virtual private server (VPS) or a shared host account where (one presumes) we regulate access to images, and not a board of directors.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:05 pm

New puzzle, pic supplied by PeteMork.

http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=310e680e6420

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:05 am

Here's mine. For some reason, my name disappeared from beneath yours.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”