Seasons greetings from the author

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Seasons greetings from the author

Post by johnajvide » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 am

Hi, There;

John Ajvide Lindqvist here.
Just wanted to let you now that every now and then I have taken a look at these boards, and that I am deeply impressed by the level of the discussion. Quite a few articles have made me ponder over aspects of the story that I didn´t even know was there. It has also made me think harder about how to go about it when I rewrite ”Let the old dreams die” in a few months (The epilogue to the epilogue). It´s just a very short story, but for me an important one. To be honest, some discussions on these boards have made me consider not publishing the story at all! This said with appreciation, since it has made me think about if it´s wise to give the definite answer to some questions, like I do in the story. Well, we´ll see.
Anyhow, just wanted to pop in this one time to pay my respects, like Paulie Walnuts would have put it. Great job Wolfchild and all of you others who keep the discussion going.
Oh, by the way, don´t be to hard on Matt Reeves. I´ve had some e-mail contact with him and I know that his motifs are good. This movie is not just something that has been dropped in his lap, it´s something that he sincerely wants to do. How it turns out is of course another matter, but until proven wrong I have faith in him.
Sorry, but I won´t answer any questions or post any replies to this post, have too much on my hands right now. Writing a play for the theatre which is almost wrecking me. Might pop in again some time in the future, though. (”Pop in”- very Hugh Grantish, isn´t it?)
So, best of regards to you all from one of the infecters.
And Merry Christmas.

John

Struan

Re: Seasons greetings from the author

Post by Struan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 am

Someone pinch me please? :shock:

I'm frozen. There's so much I could write but I'll let Wolfchild do the honors.
This is turning out to be an awesome Christmas.

THANK YOU for this gift!
Last edited by Struan on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a gloomy empty land, with dreary hills ahead.

Lacenaire

Post by Lacenaire » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:44 am

It was a nice touch to post this in the film section. Now I am hoping for something from Tomas ... in the novel section, of course. ;-)

And from Lina and Kare in the Media section. ;-)

Seasons greetings and great thanks to all the magicians who jointly produced this virus (even if they never look here).
I have often remarked that some many things in LTROI are so ambiguous that is like a mirror: When people try to fill in the blanks, they end up filling them in with themselves. 
Wolfchild

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 am

That was a very nice Christmas Present! Thanks! :D
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 pm

Thank you for popping in and Merry Christmas.

Looking forward to reading the English translation of Människohamn. :D

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

StefL

Post by StefL » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 pm

I can only say thank you John for the greeting - and for your writings so far! (Being Swedish I've read everything that you've published). Good luck with your future writing - to put it simply: keep up the good work!

And regarding the epilogue - of course you should publish it! You wrote the story in the first place, so it's your story - the rest of us just read and appreciate it, even if everyone of course creates their own relation to it as well as their own picture of the parts that are not explicitly told. But as the author it is your privilege to amend anything to the story that you see fit, so don't hesitate about that!

Microwave Jellyfish

Post by Microwave Jellyfish » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 pm

I'd ask for pinch too, but this is the second time I see this on a computer screen today, so... If there's any chance that he will visit this topic again:

Thank you, yes. John, you rock. ("You rock", now this phrase is so American, I guess, but so far I've said it only to three Swedish guys, funny, eh?)

Also, if you read that topic, sorry for saying that on most photos you look like a creep. I didn't mean it, really. It's kinda embarrassing. :|

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
And we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from a vanished past.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Merry Christmas, Wolf. :D

You're the man.

NaKriege

Post by NaKriege » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Hmmm.

I submit that the real John Ajvide Lindqvist would have said “Hey there”. :lol:

Assuming this is legitimate I’d like to echo everyone else’s thanks for giving us your wonderful stories and taking the time out of your very busy schedule to address your fans. Please don’t worry too much about how deeply we discuss your story, obsessed fans milling over the minutia of their chosen craze is one of the hallmarks of the internet. We will definitely appreciate anything you add to the narrative.

xbox fan

Post by xbox fan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Thank you for your stories. Merry christmas John. This has made my day.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”