A Lucky Fan Gets Reply :)

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Wolfchild

Re: A Lucky Fan Gets Reply :)

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Microwave Jellyfish wrote:We are the generation of a bunch of Mark Chapman-wannabes, I'm afraid, but one hardly can help it.
Ugh. I can't stomach such a comparison. :(
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Mark Chapman? I'd even say Nathan Gale :D ...
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:00 am

This is just an idea, but maybe it would be nice to start a new thread here somewhere entitled "Open Letter to Lina & Kare" where everyone could post their sentiments about the actors. Then, if they ever breeze through here, they could read it. :?:

decltype

Post by decltype » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:02 pm

TAPETRVE wrote:Mark Chapman? I'd even say Nathan Gale :D ...
Honestly, I had to look these guys up in my favorite free encyclopedia. But while we're at it, John Hinckley, Jr., anyone? He became obsessed with Jodie Foster after seeing her play a 12-year-old. I quoth:
"Hinckley saw the movie at least fifteen times, read and re-read the book it was based upon, and bought the soundtrack to the film, listening to it for hours on end." :lol:

armyofdorkness

Post by armyofdorkness » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:35 pm

decltype wrote:But while we're at it, John Hinckley, Jr., anyone? He became obsessed with Jodie Foster after seeing her play a 12-year-old. I quoth:
"Hinckley saw the movie at least fifteen times, read and re-read the book it was based upon, and bought the soundtrack to the film, listening to it for hours on end." :lol:
hmm, the similarity is a little creepy. If LTROI was as popular as Twilight, Lina could be in serious danger. Robert Pattinson was nearly killed in New York by a pack of rabid Twitards that chased him in front of a speeding car.

btw, I blame John Hinckley, Jr. for turning Jodie Foster off of men. :lol:

Microwave Jellyfish

Post by Microwave Jellyfish » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 pm

I see a great chance about this forum becoming the host of a new type of crime, murder because of special psychological reasons. I'll name it Invidiousness leanderssoni, and yes, decltype, my man, you are the one who should be worried. :twisted:
And we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from a vanished past.

NaKriege

Post by NaKriege » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:12 pm

I see a great chance about this forum becoming the host of a new type of crime
As if anyone could come here, see Army's avatar, and then go out and commit an act of violence.

armyofdorkness

Post by armyofdorkness » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

NaKriege wrote:As if anyone could come here, see Army's avatar, and then go out and commit an act of violence.
Thank god you guys can't see the rest of the picture...

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 am

From the look in that Kitty's eyes, I think Taylor Lautner should be afraid, should be very afraid.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Lacenaire

Post by Lacenaire » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:06 am

gattoparde59 wrote:From the look in that Kitty's eyes, I think Taylor Lautner should be afraid, should be very afraid.
I assume it was meant in the Wednesday Addams sense and not in "The Fly" sense (i.e. he is not turning into anything) ;-)
I have often remarked that some many things in LTROI are so ambiguous that is like a mirror: When people try to fill in the blanks, they end up filling them in with themselves. 
Wolfchild

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”