How did you discover LTROI?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
BravoHotel

Re: How did you discover LTROI?

Post by BravoHotel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

How I discovered the LTROI type world (the infection I guess) happened in reverse order not much unlike Alice?maybe.
I watched LMI some time last year before october and of course really enjoyed it and had a mild interest in seeing LTROI to see how it differed from the American remake, in october I actually visited Poland while over there I watched Tinker tailor soldier spy. I don't know it was the 12 inch screen that didn't do the film justice or it was as confusing and seemingly lacking in coherent story, but regardless I didn't finish the film and resorted to googling what I was missing, it was whilst doing this I found this forum, and through my established interest I decided to lurk a while, I can't remember exactly what type of stuff I read but I watched LMI repeatedly after this and had to buy the book and LTROI, some time later I ended up here.
I think my way of finding LTROI was best for me it started off with something making me want more, and going from LMI to its media meant that each one gave me more of what I wanted, whereas the other way round from book to LMI I guess would have gradually given me less.
"He's got a cracking smile but he can't dive for toffee."

Tite

Post by Tite » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:29 pm

My story isn't all the interesting. I was interested in watching a horror film one night, so I headed to Rotten Tomatoes for some ideas. I was looking through a list they had for horror films. Most of them were quite old, and I was in the mood for something more modern (nothing against the classics!). And there, sitting at number 8, was the diamond Let the Right One In.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:44 am

Tite wrote:My story isn't all the interesting. I was interested in watching a horror film one night, so I headed to Rotten Tomatoes for some ideas. I was looking through a list they had for horror films. Most of them were quite old, and I was in the mood for something more modern (nothing against the classics!). And there, sitting at number 8, was the diamond Let the Right One In.
Hi and welcome! I pretty much did the same thing (in terms of trying to find a good horror film while at home), except I had seen a review of LTROI on You Tube, and it looked intriguing. I was not disappointed! :D

And the rest, as they say, is history...

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 am

When 'Let me in' was promoted I noticed it but I was not interested at all. So the years passed and just a few months ago motivated by an unknown impulse I began to search for it on wikipedia because i wanted to know the plot. So i quickly learned that LMI was just a remake of a film that was released 2 years before. So I began to search for this movie instead. The story caught my interest and so I began to search for every info I could find on the internet; Videoclips, the score, pictures.. I was infatuated by what I found. I went to the store and bought the Home-DVD and the Novel and I either watch a part of the film or read one or two chapters of the Book every day since I have them. - crazy :D
'I've got so many faces - and non of them looks good'

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Bump for new member.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ElisLove

Post by ElisLove » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:50 pm

I watched Hugo in local TV and got interested in Chloe Moretz (interpreting Isaelle) and I found out more about she and I found that she interpreted Abby in American remake version. But the first film I watched was the Swedish version.

NigelNinja

Post by NigelNinja » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:20 pm

djrees56 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 am
My apologies if this has already been touched on. I skimmed through the LTROI posts and didn't see a similar topic.

One night last year, I was in the mood for a good vampire/horror movie.The Twilight movie was in full rage but it didn't interest me.I always liked the classic vampire/horror movies,especially the Vincent Price ones were there's 200 plot twists and oodles of make-up effects.I googled "The best vampire movie" and LTROI was at the top of the result list.
I watched the trailer and was already hooked.I went down to a movie rental place(a well known franchise)and had to harness one of the clerks to help me find it.It was in the foreign movie section(go figure).
The film definitely hit home because I purchased one of Eli's film costumes and its displayed on a European mannequin in my living room.I'm a guy,OK.It takes some explaining when I have visitors but I'm fine with it. :D
I saw the segment on LTROI in Eli Roth's History of Horror and decided to give it a watch. Needless to say I was blown away and my life hasn't been the same since.
Hit back. Hard.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:15 pm

I read Ebert's review in 2009. It was luke warm as I recall, but the creepy title intrigued me. When I saw it was scheduled for March 2013 on Show Time, I DVRd it and watched it from the beginning, The credits and night snow storm let me know it was something different, so I yelled to my wife to watch it with me, which she did. Said she liked it but never watched it again. About 12 minutes in, when Eli cocks her head and asks Oskar "What are you doing?" I was hooked. In love with Eli forever. Joined the forum a few months later (after reading tons of blogs, including the useless IMDb blog).
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

andmker

Post by andmker » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 pm

dongregg wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:15 pm
I read Ebert's review in 2009. It was luke warm as I recall, but the creepy title intrigued me. When I saw it was scheduled for March 2013 on Show Time, I DVRd it and watched it from the beginning, The credits and night snow storm let me know it was something different, so I yelled to my wife to watch it with me, which she did. Said she liked it but never watched it again. About 12 minutes in, when Eli cocks her head and asks Oskar "What are you doing?" I was hooked. In love with Eli forever. Joined the forum a few months later (after reading tons of blogs, including the useless IMDb blog).
I remember reading a few of the threads and posts on imdb about LTROI :D yeah they were very useless lol

LostBoysFan

Post by LostBoysFan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:53 am

10-year old me saw commerials for Let Me In in the summertime and it scared me. Then around September 2010 I believe, I found an article on Yahoo called The Best Vampire Movies of All Time. When I saw the picture of Eli I was creeped out but intrigued. A little while later, I watched the trailer for LTROI, and I was so freaked out by it (didn’t really watch horror movies before) that I ended up having a dream about it. 😂 I dreamt that I was in the movie trailer and I saw Eli standing in the snow looking at me. I woke up so freaked out.I thought she was going to attack me. 😣😂 I thought about it for a long time. Think I was kind of scared to play in snow after that. 😂 Looking back, I really wanted to watch the movie, but I was scared to ask my family if I could buy the DVD online. I know I was too young back then, but I wish I watched it sooner. Ended up watching it a few years later. I want to watch the movie again to revisit and read the book. Tbh I do remember reading about the plot on Wikipedia and watching scenes on YouTube, spoiling the plot for myself... But then I think I did forget about that a little bit when I finally saw it a few years later. I think I was so intrigued because it’s about two kids, and I was a kid at the time. Had 10-year old me thinking “DANG, Sweden’s scary!!!” It actually got me to learn more about Sweden and its history! A 10-year old Romani kid in The States. 😆

That’s the end of my kind of embarrassing childhood memory. 😆

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”