How did you discover LTROI?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
mackousko

Re: How did you discover LTROI?

Post by mackousko » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Edit: the other great part about that scene is that you can hear Eli's little tummy rumbling periodically throughout. ;)
:mrgreen: ;)

Welcome Jim! I have read your first posts here. And yes. Dr. mackousko :ugeek: says. A clear case of infection. ;)

Jim Nolt

Post by Jim Nolt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Jim Nolt wrote:I love Eli's barely audible "hmm" after Oskar remarks that she smells funny. So beautifully, beautifully understated.
Yeah, that was funny. I'm sure she was thinking, "If he only knew . . ." :lol:

Edit: the other great part about that scene is that you can hear Eli's little tummy rumbling periodically throughout. ;)
Ah, yes... a tummy rumble. I have had some hearing loss most of my life so I wasn't sure if her tummy was rumbling or if there were pigeons on my deck. Now I know which it is.

And that brings up a question perhaps one of you who is more attuned to sounds than I can answer. On IMDB it is written that "Several tricks were used to create the right sound effects for some of the gorier scenes. Biting into sausages was used to replicate biting into skin and flesh, and drinking yogurt was used to sound like drinking blood. The sound of the children blinking was made by the skin of a grape rubbing against each other in an almost 'blinking' motion." In what scene(s) can the sound of blinking be heard?

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 pm

I think you may find the answer here: :D

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/woofy/1 ... ht-one-in/

And if not, it's a fascinating read anyways

Jim Nolt

Post by Jim Nolt » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:47 am

Excellent article. I missed so much of that. I'll read more of these articles and threads tomorrow... and the next day... and the next day. What a treasure of information can be found here.

Loveless

Post by Loveless » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am

I have to admit, when I saw the movie for the first time it didn't really catch my attention. It happened about a year ago. My sister and I watched plenty of horror movies that time, and we desperately searched for quality and interesting movies we hadn't seen yet. That was when we found "Let the right one in" in our local library. We borrowed it and watched it at home. Altough it was strange after all the "average" styled horror movies, I still liked it very much, though I didn't really think about it afterwards.

Then some months ago we were chatting with my friends, and one of them mentioned the book. I immediately realized that I saw the movie version, I just wasn't aware that it was based on a book. She let me borrow her copy and I read it through really fast. After reading only the first one or two chapters, I already new that I became infected. Hopelessly. Since then I got my own copy and treasure it like a child does his favourite toy. Now I'm reading "Handling the undead", also thanks to my wonderful friend who got me infected. :3

To be honest, I was very surprised when I found this site and saw how many people became infected with this story. I've been a "fangirl" in all my life, so I'm already used to the feeling that my mind is continuously full of different stories, movies and series. I'm also used to the feeling that most people don't really understand what it's like to be so devoted and obsessed with a made up story and its characters. In other words, I already got used to being considered a weirdo, especially since being a fan of such things usually effects teenagers, and I'm not a teenager way too long time ago. :D
So long story short, I was very happy to find a place where there are people from all around the world, from all age groups, loving this wonderful story together. Thanks to you, I don't feel myself so alone anymore. :) Even though I know many people my age being the same as I am, I've never ever seen such a diverse fandom community, where I'm not so unique being over 20. (^_~)
(Okay, I don't know if I made any sense with this last part, I just have so many feelings with this forum and I wanted to get it off my chest somehow. :oops: )

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Loveless wrote:I have to admit, when I saw the movie for the first time it didn't really catch my attention. It happened about a year ago. My sister and I watched plenty of horror movies that time, and we desperately searched for quality and interesting movies we hadn't seen yet. That was when we found "Let the right one in" in our local library. We borrowed it and watched it at home. Altough it was strange after all the "average" styled horror movies, I still liked it very much, though I didn't really think about it afterwards.

Then some months ago we were chatting with my friends, and one of them mentioned the book. I immediately realized that I saw the movie version, I just wasn't aware that it was based on a book. She let me borrow her copy and I read it through really fast. After reading only the first one or two chapters, I already new that I became infected. Hopelessly. Since then I got my own copy and treasure it like a child does his favourite toy. Now I'm reading "Handling the undead", also thanks to my wonderful friend who got me infected. :3

To be honest, I was very surprised when I found this site and saw how many people became infected with this story. I've been a "fangirl" in all my life, so I'm already used to the feeling that my mind is continuously full of different stories, movies and series. I'm also used to the feeling that most people don't really understand what it's like to be so devoted and obsessed with a made up story and its characters. In other words, I already got used to being considered a weirdo, especially since being a fan of such things usually effects teenagers, and I'm not a teenager way too long time ago. :D
So long story short, I was very happy to find a place where there are people from all around the world, from all age groups, loving this wonderful story together. Thanks to you, I don't feel myself so alone anymore. :) Even though I know many people my age being the same as I am, I've never ever seen such a diverse fandom community, where I'm not so unique being over 20. (^_~)
(Okay, I don't know if I made any sense with this last part, I just have so many feelings with this forum and I wanted to get it off my chest somehow. :oops: )
It was kind of the same story in my case too ;) i saw the movie in 2010 and then simply forgot about it :oops:
it sounds very familiar that some people call fans, no matter of what, harry potter, starwars, lord of the rings or in our case LTROI weirdos or geeks :?
But most of the time i feel sorry for those people. i think its kind of sad when you can't be a 'geek'. I think its so awesome when you can invest yourself in fantastic stories like that! And its even cooler when you find a place like this so share thoughts and ideas :)

Cha

Post by Cha » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:14 pm

7th november 2012...23h...like always, I was trying to resolve my puzzle of energy...need a rest...swiched tv channel and by chance I saw Oscar at school, just after the scene of policeman...I worked in the same time...until I saw Eli and Oscar: I let down my pen and my paper...I drunk each second of this movie... I hoped no cut of electricity... thanks God/Godess. Six weeks later I was at Luleä, and found the place where Oscar hit Conny, great moment. My life will never be the same after watched this movie. Another chance: Arte tv give the original voices in swedish. Now I like this language.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi Loveless. I was happy to read your post here. I, too, am happy with being able to go "all in" when I find something that interests me. I guess I'm a fan-boy, but the boy part is dubious--I'm rather long in the tooth. But I have been all-in with Chushingura in the '60s and Samurai Champloo more recently. There are other movies and anime that I really like. Once I start to liking something, I stay liking it.

Any way, belated welcome.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

OBakaSama

Post by OBakaSama » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Memory is fuzzy but I recall it going something like this.

I first heard of LTROI (film) around the time it was released. I also heard it got good reviews and recommended it to a friend wanting something a little different. That was a few years ago. Earlier this year I finally picked up the DVD of LTROI and watched it. Then I picked up LMI and ordered the novel on the same day. Suffice to say I'm hooked and I just love to make comparisons between the three works.

RapeSoul

Post by RapeSoul » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm

I was looking through IMDB for some good interesting movies to watch, came across Let The Right One In, I added it to my watchlist. Then about a year later I came across Let Me In on IMDB, sounded like an interesting concept, so I saw it, and absolutely loved it. Saw it a few more times after than within the same week, and then I googled it. I found out that it was kind of a remake of a Swedish movie titled Let The Right One In, so I looked it up on IMDB and realized that it's in my watchlist. I didn't watch it for like a month because of how in love I was (still am) with Let Me In. I didn't want to watch it and then prefer it to Let The Right One In, since I saw that everyone was saying how much better it is. I watch it and really liked it, then I watched it again, and I loved it. Then I decided to give the book a try, and I loved it. I love both movies, but I still prefer Let Me In, and not just because I saw it first, love them both so much though. When I bought the book, I decided to go with the Let The Right One In version because the movie and the book and very alike, and Let Me In is a different from these two.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”