Kåre Gillis Hedebrant is on Facebook :)

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Wolfchild

Re: Kåre Gillis Hedebrant is on Facebook :)

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Oh yes?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:06 am

Wolfchild wrote:I find that I have had second thoughts on this topic. If anyone does actually become Kåre's friend on Facebook, see if he would be willing to answer some interview questions. I have started a thread to collect questions for Kåre.
I don't see how it can hurt to ask. As long as no one acts like a jerk.

kath94

Post by kath94 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 am

I added him on facebook a few months ago and he accepted. He's pretty friendly and his account seems legit. I've had a few random conversations with him on facebook chat and he's surprisely friendly even though he has no idea who i am :P.

Drad

Post by Drad » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:20 am

Out of curiosity, I added all of the cast of LTROI who had Facebook. Kare rejected my request. I think he'd prefer his page to be personal, for friends and family only, because the account only has about 80 or 90 friends.

armyofdorkness

Post by armyofdorkness » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:19 am

Kare rejected my request. I think he'd prefer his page to be personal, for friends and family only, because the account only has about 80 or 90 friends.
ah ok, I feel better now. I added him about 2 days ago, but alas, I was also ignored. :cry:

decltype

Post by decltype » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 pm

TheVoxHumanus wrote:Hey cool!

Now if only I had anything to talk about with a 14 year old. :lol:

Seriously though...I really think we should leave these guys alone. No stalking Lina, no stalking Kare. 'kay?

I'm NOT accusing anyone of stalking, I just...don't want anyone to!
The world certainly doesn't revolve around me, but I couldn't help but think that that post was somehow directed at me ^^

The word "stalker" carries a very negative connotation, and I think rightfully so. After all, stalking is by definition persistent intrusive behavior which may cause the victim considerable distress.

However, I really don't see how sending a friend request on Facebook fits this definition. Admittedly, I do not operate a FB account, but I find it hard to believe that a friend request is particularly disruptive. That said, a series of acts that are in themselves innocuous could of course also be said to constitute stalking.

I recall having a similar discussion with TheVoxHumanus some time ago, and have given this matter considerable thought. I feel that I myself have not overstepped any borders.

And I don't think it's a problem to have a meaningful conversation with a person of any age. That is, it could be difficult, but age is not the deciding factor.

decltype

Post by decltype » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:27 pm

kath94 wrote:I added him on facebook a few months ago and he accepted. He's pretty friendly and his account seems legit. I've had a few random conversations with him on facebook chat and he's surprisely friendly even though he has no idea who i am :P.
I don't mean to cast aspersions or anything, but I find it a bit odd that he would accept requests from some strangers, but not others (there could be arbitrary reasons for that, of course). Since we all use pseudonyms here, the only way (for me, at least) to judge a person's credibility is to look at their posts, and form an impression based on that. And you have not made any other posts (yet) :roll:. I would like to hear more, but I'm skeptical by nature, and would really like to see some evidence first. :)

Drad

Post by Drad » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:14 pm

decltype wrote:
TheVoxHumanus wrote:Hey cool!

Now if only I had anything to talk about with a 14 year old. :lol:

Seriously though...I really think we should leave these guys alone. No stalking Lina, no stalking Kare. 'kay?

I'm NOT accusing anyone of stalking, I just...don't want anyone to!
The world certainly doesn't revolve around me, but I couldn't help but think that that post was somehow directed at me ^^

The word "stalker" carries a very negative connotation, and I think rightfully so. After all, stalking is by definition persistent intrusive behavior which may cause the victim considerable distress.

However, I really don't see how sending a friend request on Facebook fits this definition. Admittedly, I do not operate a FB account, but I find it hard to believe that a friend request is particularly disruptive. That said, a series of acts that are in themselves innocuous could of course also be said to constitute stalking.

I recall having a similar discussion with TheVoxHumanus some time ago, and have given this matter considerable thought. I feel that I myself have not overstepped any borders.

And I don't think it's a problem to have a meaningful conversation with a person of any age. That is, it could be difficult, but age is not the deciding factor.
Yes, adding them on Facebook isn't stalking, and I SERIOUSLY doubt they will think you are a stalker. Most of the cast will be flattered, I am sure.

I have the actors of Conny and Martin added, just because I think it's cool to talk to them casually, and see that they really aren't celebrities, and they lead completely ordinary teenage lives.

kath94

Post by kath94 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 pm

decltype wrote:
kath94 wrote:I added him on facebook a few months ago and he accepted. He's pretty friendly and his account seems legit. I've had a few random conversations with him on facebook chat and he's surprisely friendly even though he has no idea who i am :P.
I don't mean to cast aspersions or anything, but I find it a bit odd that he would accept requests from some strangers, but not others (there could be arbitrary reasons for that, of course). Since we all use pseudonyms here, the only way (for me, at least) to judge a person's credibility is to look at their posts, and form an impression based on that. And you have not made any other posts (yet) :roll:. I would like to hear more, but I'm skeptical by nature, and would really like to see some evidence first. :)
I don't usually post here I just like to read what other people have to say, but I thought I'd say something since people said they got rejected and I found it kind of strange he accepted me and not other people. :| What kind of evidence do you want to see?

decltype

Post by decltype » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 pm

kath94 wrote:I don't usually post here I just like to read what other people have to say, but I thought I'd say something since people said they got rejected and I found it kind of strange he accepted me and not other people. :| What kind of evidence do you want to see?
I'm sorry for being unwelcoming. I just thought it might be a troll post. I forgot that we don't have trolls :)

Edit: I see that you are his friend on FB. That's neat :)

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”