Eli and the Wall: Interpretation please?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
gkmoberg1

Re: Eli and the Wall: Interpretation please?

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:28 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:To me the scene exposes her loneliness and is put there as a chance for us to consider the depth of it. 200 x 365 is a lot of nights, all her waking hours, to spend largely by herself. (Okay, true, we don't know it is 200 yrs in the movie.) That void alone is troublesome. But recently she has something new in her life, this young friend. I think working over this budding friendship in her mind could be very consuming across each night. What else is there to do when she's had years to consider all else? This new notion - friendship - after all that time, since perhaps she last played in sunlight, could well be rocking the stability of her precarious existence.
It was this idea that motivated me to write my first fan fiction about LTROI. Eli's inner thoughts about what's happening in her life during the film, every dawn before she falls asleep. I found the idea of her wrestling with these issues most intriguing.
I went off and read this. This is a very moving work. I finished it at 2am last night and then (mistakenly) tried go off to sleep while still taking it all in. Thank you for giving us this beautiful view into Eli's life and thoughts. http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/fan ... n-darkness

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Mmmmm. ACL, I have found this thread http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... ns+At+Dawn and suspect this is also what you meant. Regardless, both are wonderful. Truly appreciated. Thanks.

crazychristina

Post by crazychristina » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Watching the film again last night I had another thought about the wall scene. That's Hakan's bed she's on. Distressing as his not coming home might be, his coming home would be no picnic either. EXcept for the blood of course.

ricc9

Post by ricc9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 pm

I knew it, i knew it, love concurs all.......... Very well done. Thanks......
To live without love, is death never ending. To live with out ever loving is not knowing the greatest gift.
"Assiste a malo puero"

rgh

Post by rgh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 am

ricc9 wrote:I knew it, i knew it, love concurs all.......... Very well done. Thanks......
You have to be referring to ACL's "Redemption from Darkness". It is one of my favorite fan fictions. It still gets to me.
Most of the fan fiction here is very good. I say most because I haven't read it all, yet. :)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 am

It was alot of fun, writing all of that. Glad someone's enjoying it...

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Fri May 12, 2023 9:11 pm

crazychristina wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:08 pm
Watching the film again last night I had another thought about the wall scene. That's Hakan's bed she's on. Distressing as his not coming home might be, his coming home would be no picnic either. EXcept for the blood of course.
I always figured it's Eli's room, though he sleeps in the tub.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”