EEA

Re: I Love Eli!

Post by EEA » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:33 pm

I only like Oskar because Eli does. :mrgreen:

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:33 pm

intrige wrote:
cmfireflies wrote:Is it wrong if I only love Oskar to the extent that he makes Eli happy?
OMG YES YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON!! :lol:
Noo!!

I have always really liked Oskar too, since he reminded me of myself. While Eli on the other hand, it's more like, if she was an adult I would have the biggest crush on her. Well, Lina that is. I am only a year older than her and if she was super gay like me it could actually work! I AM HOPEFUL IT WILL HAPPEN!! :lol:

Book Eli is a different deal, I am really really facinated with androgynity, and Eli totally feeds that facination. Book Eli is actually very scary but such a hopeless romantic. He is super tough, but soft, those kind of people IRL too is really interesting to observe. My oldest sister is like that, stern, really tough, but inside she is so soft and kind and yeah, you get the idea. Not that Eli reminds me of my sister, she does not! Eli is super creepy, but for Oskar he is super sweet.
I'm happy now, I got my daily Intrige dose! :D

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:01 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
intrige wrote:
cmfireflies wrote:Is it wrong if I only love Oskar to the extent that he makes Eli happy?
Noo!!

I have always really liked Oskar too, since he reminded me of myself. While Eli on the other hand, it's more like, if she was an adult I would have the biggest crush on her. Well, Lina that is. I am only a year older than her and if she was super gay like me it could actually work! I AM HOPEFUL IT WILL HAPPEN!! :lol:

Book Eli is a different deal, I am really really facinated with androgynity, and Eli totally feeds that facination. Book Eli is actually very scary but such a hopeless romantic. He is super tough, but soft, those kind of people IRL too is really interesting to observe. My oldest sister is like that, stern, really tough, but inside she is so soft and kind and yeah, you get the idea. Not that Eli reminds me of my sister, she does not! Eli is super creepy, but for Oskar he is super sweet.
I'm happy now, I got my daily Intrige dose! :D
Oh ptptppttpt :oops: :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:33 pm

intrige wrote:
Noo!!

You mean I'm not the youngest Infected here? O.O

I just looked up Lina's birthday and holy cannoli we're the same age! This made my day. :D

Don't nom me guys... but I used to hate Eli. I thought he had no empathy (besides for Oskar) so it took me a while to get used to the film. So glad I did, though!
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Bloody Mary wrote:Don't nom me guys... but I used to hate Eli. I thought he had no empathy (besides for Oskar) so it took me a while to get used to the film. So glad I did, though!
I love all your posts.

Eli and empathy. There are two almost hermetically separate groups in the film -- the grownups and the kids. What grownup could Eli empathize with? Håkan, just a little?

The kids. Um, there's Oskar, just as isolated and vulnerable as Eli is.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Bloody Mary wrote: You mean I'm not the youngest Infected here? O.O
If you are the same age as Lina and Kåre, born in 1995, then you are younger than me. And possibly the youngest active forum member. Only by one year though!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:46 am

intrige wrote:
Bloody Mary wrote: You mean I'm not the youngest Infected here? O.O
If you are the same age as Lina and Kåre, born in 1995, then you are younger than me. And possibly the youngest active forum member. Only by one year though!
Whoops, misread your first post. Just looked at it again.

I was surprised to read we are about the same age because I don't think of Infecteds as being millennials/whatever generation comes next. Good to know I'm not the only one. :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

eli-lover

Post by eli-lover » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:31 pm

I LOVE ELI TOO
FREEDOM FOR ALL

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:30 pm

eli-lover wrote:I LOVE ELI TOO
Hi, eli-lover! Welcome to this really cool forum. Would love to hear how you got so infected. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

eli-lover

Post by eli-lover » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:01 am

Since I watched the movie, I would like to be Eli's possession, forever. :wub:
I have also read the book, the only book that I ever read, the book of Eli.
Last edited by eli-lover on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FREEDOM FOR ALL

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”