If you will be my Valentine,
I will be your…
Oh never mind—
I just won't kill you. :wub:
smell like road kill :lol:

gkmoberg1

Re: I Love Eli!

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:30 pm

That is a great line! ... what a thing to say, but in this case true. Well, at times. Err, at least once. 8-)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:39 am

What exactly what that stuffed animal?

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:48 am

I thought it was a teddy bear.Is that blood where it's mouth is?This is the scene that really drove home that Eli was just a child.It's so sweet.And she purrs or something close to a purr/soft growl.One of my fav scenes. :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:29 am

ltroifanatic wrote:I thought it was a teddy bear.Is that blood where it's mouth is?This is the scene that really drove home that Eli was just a child.It's so sweet.And she purrs or something close to a purr/soft growl.One of my fav scenes. :wub:
Yep! One of mine too. Largely because this is where the 'legend of the purr' began. Both Don and I (and many others, I'm sure) have used it quite effectively, IMO, in our FF. :wub:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Vampyr5000

Post by Vampyr5000 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:48 am

When I saw this topic, I just had to chime in. They truly are my favorite character. If I could meet one character from a work of fiction in real life, it'd be Eli. Well, as long as they aren't hungry that evening, anyway! Even if they were, I can think of worse ways to die.

To the poster a few posts above who pointed out the stuffed animal with Eli in the tub, thank you! I never did notice that before.
"Those with no arms around them often nestle into the cold dry embrace of their seperateness" - Richard Gavin

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:16 am

Hi again guys.
I've always found the concept of powerful child quite confronting (and intriguing) in films and novels as that runs counter to society's usual portrayal of child/adult power imbalance.... the unicorn wild beast that can only be tamed by a virgin etc. So films like The Bad Seed, Kick Ass, M3GAN, Orphan, and more recently Abigail are among my favourites. Eli in LTROI expands and further develops on that idea as Eli fully understands the power she is capable of but only employs it for her own survival rather than exerting power for power's sake, she would rather not have it.

https://youtu.be/YKuBiu6KTR8?si=p80Ij8R4hRl9xciK

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”