I Love Eli!

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
a_contemplative_life

Re: I Love Eli!

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:02 am

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 am

Why does everyone love Eli? She would kill us.

I saw the movie again recently, and have been spending a lot of time on this site, so I'm warming up to LTROI. (I didn't like it at first, but enjoyed analyzing it.) Though I'm not sure about this "Eli is great" thing.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Bloody Mary wrote:Why does everyone love Eli? She would kill us.

I saw the movie again recently, and have been spending a lot of time on this site, so I'm warming up to LTROI. (I didn't like it at first, but enjoyed analyzing it.) Though I'm not sure about this "Eli is great" thing.
She grows on you. ;)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 am

"Seems like whenever I get to liking someone, they ain't around for long."

“I noticed when you get to disliking someone, they ain't around for long neither."

From The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Last edited by dongregg on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:37 am

I love Eli because she is innocent enough to believe in love even after centuries of isolation, courageous enough to pursue love and strong enough to protect it.

I don't think it'll be quite the same without any one of these 3 qualities, and yes, that includes the capacity to rip someone's head off for threatening Oskar.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Bloody Mary wrote:Why does everyone love Eli? She would kill us.

cmfireflies wrote:I love Eli because she is innocent enough to believe in love even after centuries of isolation, courageous enough to pursue love and strong enough to protect it.

I don't think it'll be quite the same without any one of these 3 qualities, and yes, that includes the capacity to rip someone's head off for threatening Oskar.
cmfireflies, no one could have put this better. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 am

cmfireflies wrote:I love Eli because she is innocent enough to believe in love even after centuries of isolation, courageous enough to pursue love and strong enough to protect it.

I don't blame her for destroying the bullies. That's my favorite scene. XD

I see what you mean. That is deep.

I feel sort of bad for Oskar, though. He doesn't seem to have any fans, except for Eli and his mom. He just can't win....
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 am

I feel sort of bad for Oskar, though. He doesn't seem to have any fans, except for Eli and his mom. He just can't win....
I love Oskar too, probably more because he makes Eli happy, and he did get his happily ever after, which is good...
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 am

I've given this a lot of thought over the years, turned it over in my mind, tried my best to understand it, and yet:

I still love Eli. :wub:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:44 pm

DA DA DAAAA!!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”