Film Memorabilia

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
a_contemplative_life

Re: Film Memorabilia

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 am

XinkUK wrote:
Hassildor wrote:Hello! That's a pretty awesome display you have there. :)

I wonder where one would hang something like that. :think:

Was planning to stick it on the bedroom wall when I can find some suitable wall hooks. I generally deal in match worn football shirts not film memrobillia and I have a couple of rooms filled with them hanging on walls (in plastic covers not framed cases).
I actually had a nightmare last night that my house burned down and I ran back into the house to rescue the shirts :lol: .
I'm really hoping my house does not burn - I'll be sure not to invite any in who I suspect has been bitten by a vampire and then expose them to sunlight - I learnt that much from the movie ;)
Keep it out of the direct sunlight, or else the colors in the shirt will fade. It's your duty to preserve that shirt for your entire life! :lol:

djrees56

Post by djrees56 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:13 am

XinkUK wrote:
LegendaryArtist wrote:If I could have one memorabilia from the movie, it would have to be Oskar's scarf. I just really love scarfs and if I had Oskar's I would probably never take it off.

My other choices would be Oskars brown winter coat, his blue shirt or the Rubiks Cube.

Just a quick update on the where-abouts of one of the Props from the movie Folks...
I was tempted to buy Oscar's stripey jumper from the Prop Store a few months ago but, although it is a very distinctive item, it was only used for a very small amount of time in the film, at the start and do I went for the Blue T-shirt which was £100 cheaper on their site and is used for almost 5 minutes during the end of the movie.

I've just got it back from a framing company based somewhere in the Midlands (thankfully they took good care of it as I'm based in the North east!) :D
and here is the final result.

That's an awesome display,very nice:D You'll have to resist the urge to wear it for an avatar pic here :D

Hassildor

Post by Hassildor » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:52 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:Keep it out of the direct sunlight, or else the colors in the shirt will fade. It's your duty to preserve that shirt for your entire life!
I second this! Like it or not, you have a new life goal. :lol:

Son of Gray

Post by Son of Gray » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 pm

That is amazing framework! it looks great! Very awesome piece! I donf own any memorabilia but i do have a couple posters i need to get framed. Hopefully they come back to me as nice as this. Awesome
:)

danielma

Post by danielma » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Three Things I would take from the film

1.) Hakan's Murder Case - Which I know went for Auction :(
2.) Jimmy's decapitated head and arm :)
3.) I'd take the Jungle Gym that was specifically designed for the movie
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 am

This article is from 2009. I wonder if that look caught on with young and hip crowd?

http://www.brandish.tv/2009/04/16/teena ... vinta.html
Let The Right One In: Teenage vampires inspire ‘vintage’ looks

Whilst a pre-pubescent teen may not be the obvious inspiration for a menswear blog, the styling details in Swedish art-house vampire stunner Let the Right One In are so, well, stunning that they couldn’t go unmentioned. Lead character Oskar, works the tucked in boots look so well it makes a grown man feel inadequate. Such insouciance! The padded jackets, tone-matched sweater and scarf combos, not to mention the awesome blonde, feather cut-hair are enough to make me want to venture into the smelly world of vintage clothing. Well, almost.
These boots by Margiela are what Oskar would wear. At over £400 they’re definitely beyond his pocket-money but I reckon you could turn up something similar if you can face the vintage trawl. Match with plum cords and a sweater in this season’s blue for a Spring take on that 1970s Swedish vampire-fancier look.
PS. the film is highly recommended if you’re wondering what I’m on about. Let the Right One In is at cinemas now.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

NigelNinja

Post by NigelNinja » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Wolfchild wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:29 pm
I was wondering; If you could have any piece of memorabilia from the filming of LTROI what would it be?

I know what I'd want At first I thought it would be kind of pointless to even post this question because everyone else would say the same thing. Then I chastised myself for being so arrogant. :oops:
Trying to choose one thing is a herculean task but a few id have

The rubik's cube
The jungle gym
Oskar's blue scarf
The puzzle egg
The trunk that Eli is stowed away in on the train

And so many more but gluttony is a mortal sin :D
Hit back. Hard.

andmker

Post by andmker » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:23 pm

NigelNinja wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:34 pm
Wolfchild wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:29 pm
I was wondering; If you could have any piece of memorabilia from the filming of LTROI what would it be?

I know what I'd want At first I thought it would be kind of pointless to even post this question because everyone else would say the same thing. Then I chastised myself for being so arrogant. :oops:
Trying to choose one thing is a herculean task but a few id have

The rubik's cube
The jungle gym
Oskar's blue scarf
The puzzle egg
The trunk that Eli is stowed away in on the train

And so many more but gluttony is a mortal sin :D
I would want Eli's multicoloured hat she wears... or can I opt for Eli her/himself :D
If not then Oscar's cool boots and the rubik cube.

I have a personalised autograph from Lina Leandersson, but sadly I had to get a friend to get it for me as I couldn't get to the horror con :(

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”