Locations - Google Maps Street View

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
drakkar

Locations - Google Maps Street View

Post by drakkar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:20 am

Most locations in LdRKI now can be viewed and followed in Google Maps Street View!
I've located most filming locations in Luleå and Blackeberg area:
- Oskar's and Eli's apartments, Södra Vretvägen 15 A and B, Luleå.
- Swimming pool, Bastugatan 8, Luleå.
- Overpass Eli runs before climbing the tree waiting for Virginia, in Multrågatan, Råcksta. This is the same overpass she sits under waiting for Jocke. And here a view from the overpass to Gösta's apartment.
- The stairs Virginia escalates just before the attack, Blackeberg.
Outside the Candy store (Mjölkuddsvägen 73, Luleå) is out of reach. So is the hospital loction in Boden.

Entire Blackeberg accessible with car is also covered, so most locations occuring in the book can be viewed. For example the entrance to Oskar's/JAL's courtyard and Eli's (closest) and Oskar's balconies, with the bushes where they hid just before parting.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

a_contemplative_life

Re: Locations - Google Maps Street View

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:36 pm

drakkar wrote:Most locations in LdRKI now can be viewed and followed in Google Maps Street View!
I've located most filming locations in Luleå and Blackeberg area:
- Oskar's and Eli's apartments, Södra Vretvägen 15 A and B, Luleå.
- Swimming pool, Bastugatan 8, Luleå.
- Overpass Eli runs before climbing the tree waiting for Virginia, in Multrågatan, Råcksta. This is the same overpass she sits under waiting for Jocke. And here a view from the overpass to Gösta's apartment.
- The stairs Virginia escalates just before the attack, Blackeberg.
Outside the Candy store (Mjölkuddsvägen 73, Luleå) is out of reach. So is the hospital loction in Boden.

Entire Blackeberg accessible with car is also covered, so most locations occuring in the book can be viewed. For example the entrance to Oskar's/JAL's courtyard and Eli's (closest) and Oskar's balconies, with the bushes where they hid just before parting.
The ability to drag the images and see 360 degrees is really cool. I liked being able to see the courtyard entrance, because it was mentioned prominently in the novel but as far as I can recall, is not really seen well in the film. At last I know what JAL was describing. And of course, seeing the filming locations in 360 is awesome; you almost feel as if you are there.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:I liked being able to see the courtyard entrance, because it was mentioned prominently in the novel but as far as I can recall, is not really seen well in the film.
I guess this is the very reason why I "unconsciously" chose it. Also their jump from the balcony and hiding in the bushes is very important to me.
As to the couryard entrance in the film: There isn't any in Luleå. You have relatively free view to the entire courtyard where the jungle gym was placed by moving the link I showing their apartments.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

genie47

Post by genie47 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm seeing it from my Android device. It is nice.
Låt den rätte komma in in both its printed and celluloid form is a slow acting poison. You will be poisoned white. White from arsenic and innocence.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:46 pm

genie47 wrote:I'm seeing it from my Android device. It is nice.
Dammit it works on the mobile too. Nice.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

darman1817

Post by darman1817 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:48 am

These maps are dang cool. They add such a sense of "realness" to the movie and book!

Jimm

Post by Jimm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 am

This is pretty cool I must say that

This bring me a more realistic image of the description in the book about where is it taking place

The filming location is pretty cool too

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”