After the kiss...

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
gattoparde59

Re: After the kiss...

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Wolfchild wrote:Also, Lina looked really cute in that hat - even with the oblong pupils. 8-)
To me, the hat made Eli look like a boy.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:35 pm

I've grown up with a lot of girls wearing caps like this - the style used to be default - so I still see a girl :D

@Wolfie: I have no idea, but it warms my heart thinking of it as a deliberate way of showing a development towards humanity in Eli. And it fits into the rest of the hints describing the two kids.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

gary13136

Post by gary13136 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 pm

drakkar wrote:I've grown up with a lot of girls wearing caps like this - the style used to be default - so I still see a girl :D

@Wolfie: I have no idea, but it warms my heart thinking of it as a deliberate way of showing a development towards humanity in Eli. And it fits into the rest of the hints describing the two kids.
If I remember correctly, the cap had the "Tre Kronor" design on it. Just to let everyone know that she is Swedish. :D
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

lombano

Post by lombano » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:19 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:
Wolfchild wrote:Also, Lina looked really cute in that hat - even with the oblong pupils. 8-)
To me, the hat made Eli look like a boy.
To me the hat looked girly.
Bli mig lite.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Wolfchild wrote:
drakkar wrote:I find it very touching when Eli is waiting for Oskar outside the pool, just before the blood mixing.
Eli has agreed to go steady with Oskar, and she really TRIES to appear normal, wearing cap, gloves and coat. Yet she's so cut off and alone.
QFT. I wish I knew whether whether Eli dressing in warm clothing in an attempt to blend in was in original screenplay, or whether Tomas added it. Either way, it was a brilliant addition - a tiny detail that added volumes to the story's emotional content. Also, Lina looked really cute in that hat - even with the oblong pupils. 8-)

In fact I wonder if maybe the hat was added for that reason - to have a very cute face as a backdrop for those disturbing eyes. :?:
I thought the scene where Oskar is excitedly skipping around Eli as they head to the basement was very heartwarming. He's very happy to be with her.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

That included :D
Oskar is happy, he is grateful, and so proud about what he has accomplished he can't wait to tell Eli.
To top it we get Agnetha Fältskog's beautiful text - before everything falls apart :(
..for a while.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

OUTSIDER

Post by OUTSIDER » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Wolfchild wrote:Not only did he leave in the middle of the night go over to Eli's, but he stayed at Eli's all of the next day. Lacke gets nommed by Eli right at sundown.
It didn't hit me this way. Seemed that it was morning when Lacke went in to Eli's apartment. (after a night of boozing)
There was intense sunlight when he rips some cardboard off the living room window.

Balb Kubrox

Post by Balb Kubrox » Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Do you think his mother (in the context of the movie) was aware of Eli ?
When he returns I often wonder if there is any reference to all the noise that was heard of the struggle and Lacke's death, someone sure was aware , hence the banging sounds and Oskar had recently been in trouble for some out of character violence at school , near the holy on the ice. I sometimes wonder if not only is his Mother asking where he has been but also what kinda trouble was he in now?
Then he closes all the doors to his toy cars as if this chapter of his life is now closed too I guess. (which I think is a nice touch)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat May 01, 2010 5:40 pm

OUTSIDER wrote:
Wolfchild wrote:Not only did he leave in the middle of the night go over to Eli's, but he stayed at Eli's all of the next day. Lacke gets nommed by Eli right at sundown.
It didn't hit me this way. Seemed that it was morning when Lacke went in to Eli's apartment. (after a night of boozing)
There was intense sunlight when he rips some cardboard off the living room window.
I always thought it was the next morning, too. I think there's a split of opinion on that point amongst the regulars of this board.

Aurora

Post by Aurora » Sun May 02, 2010 6:00 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
OUTSIDER wrote:
I always thought it was the next morning, too. I think there's a split of opinion on that point amongst the regulars of this board.
I'm going to side with those that thought he was there earlier in the day too. When we see Lacke outside looking up at the apartment window it's bright daylight. In fact Lacke's death is totally Oskar's fault, if he'd locked the front door he (Lacke) wouldn't have been able to get in the apartment.
Team Eli

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”