Eli's eyes

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Jessy7217

Eli's eyes

Post by Jessy7217 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:25 pm

A few watchings ago, I noticed his eyes glowing(for lack of a better word). Then, just yesterday, I noticed they look like cat's eyes, while adjusting. I found this pic, of the differences in his eyes. Have any of you also noticed those things?

I find it interesting, the different things that were done, with his eyes. They're a very important of the movie, turns out.

intrige

Re: Eli's eyes

Post by intrige » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:21 pm

This has been pointed out before, but the thread is buried so why not talk about it again? :D
Fun fact, Tomas (The director) spesifically made Lina wear grey/blue-ish contact lenses for this scene. Because he wanted Eli's eyes to clow and change from cat-eyes to human-eyes and Lina has dark brown eyes so for it to even show she had to wear them. Book Eli had brown eyes though, but were said to sort of low in the dark still.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:26 pm

intrige wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:21 pm
This has been pointed out before, but the thread is buried so why not talk about it again? :D
There are over 117,000 posts across 7,502 topics on this forum, and I'm guessing if it were all printed out, it'd take up a whole bookshelf. That's a lot to be poring through. I don't think anybody is going to be faulted for bringing up old stuff in new topics or posts. :lol:
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:16 pm

intrige wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:21 pm
Fun fact, Tomas (The director) spesifically made Lina wear grey/blue-ish contact lenses for this scene. Because he wanted Eli's eyes to clow and change from cat-eyes to human-eyes and Lina has dark brown eyes so for it to even show she had to wear them. Book Eli had brown eyes though, but were said to sort of low in the dark still.
I searched before posting, but nothing showed up in the search results.

Ah, I see. That's interesting to know.
I just received the book in English, this afternoon. I can't wait to read it, and get to know the characters, more. Especially Eli and Oskar.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”