Which other mediums would you like to see the story transferred to?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Siggdalos

Re: Which other mediums would you like to see the story transferred to?

Post by Siggdalos » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:29 pm

andmker wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:31 pm
A musical 😁
John mentioned in last year's live Q&A that a LTROI musical is supposedly being made in South Korea. Haven't heard anything else about it, though.
manananmaclir wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:26 pm
I would love to see this as a game, perhaps something like the Vanishing of Ethan Carter? Being able to walk through the areas where the book happened would be amazing (especially as 1980s Sweden is not 2020s Sweden). It would take a special studio to pull it off, though.
A game adaptation could be really interesting to see. There's a Swedish indie title I've posted about before on this forum, How We Know We're Alive, which I think does a brilliant job of using relatively simple means (pixel art, point-and-click gameplay) to tell a story and convey a sense of melancholy similar to the one that runs through much of LTROI. I would not at all be opposed to seeing some (or all) of LTROI's scenes get depicted in a similar style. In fact, I think that that kind of stripped-down depiction may benefit the story more than something with more realistic graphics like those of most walking sims, if we're talking about a straight adaptation of the book/film's story.
andmker wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:11 pm
I'm not generally in to manga, but I'd give it a go lol. It has the advantage of being able to animate anything from any location or time period
Reminder that animation (or for that matter comics) doesn't have to only mean stuff done in a Japanese style. ;)
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

andmker

Post by andmker » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:04 am

Siggdalos wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:29 pm
andmker wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:31 pm
A musical 😁
andmker wrote:
I'm not generally in to manga, but I'd give it a go lol. It has the advantage of being able to animate anything from any location or time period
Reminder that animation (or for that matter comics) doesn't have to only mean stuff done in a Japanese style. ;)

Very true 😁 I do like animinated shows 🤗

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:17 pm

andmker wrote:
manananmaclir wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:26 pm
A manga could be quite good. I would love to see this as a game, perhaps something like the Vanishing of Ethan Carter? Being able to walk through the areas where the book happened would be amazing (especially as 1980s Sweden is not 2020s Sweden). It would take a special studio to pull it off, though.
Manga isn't animated, though. Anime is.

Jedi Apprentice

Post by Jedi Apprentice » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:59 am

CyberGhostface wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:07 pm
Yeah I think a graphic novel or manga is the best bet for a faithful adaptation.
In the graphic novel case, I think it would be great if it followed the same narrative structure as Watchmen, in which every chapter ends with an in-universe article (polices reports, newspapers, etc) about the characters and their actions that serves to expand the Lore . For example, they could include newspaper extracts about Eli's pasts and current murders, psychological analysis of a child's mind, articles about the history of vampirism in fiction, police records of Tommy and his gang, reports on the investigations about the ritual murderer, etc.
It would be something very interesting to show!
Last edited by Jedi Apprentice on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:33 pm

Jedi Apprentice wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:59 am
In the graphic novel case, I think it would be great if it followed the same narrative structure as Watchmen, which consists in every chapter ending with an in-universe article (polices reports, newspapers, etc) about the characters and their actions that would expand the Lore for us . For example, they could include newspaper extracts about Eli's pasts and current murders, psychological analysis of a child's mind, articles on the history of vampirism in fiction, police records of Tommy and his gang, reports on the investigations about the ritual murderer, etc.
It would be something very interesting to show!
That would be cool. The novel already includes extracts from magazine articles, radio news reports and the like here and there, which I think contributes quite a bit to the grounded and realistic identity of the book. Something like what you're describing would be a nice way of translating that aspect of the story into a visual form.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Jedi Apprentice

Post by Jedi Apprentice » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:31 am

danielmann861 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 pm
I've been reading Junji Ito's manga adaptation of Osamu Daizai's No Longer Human and a thought occurred. We've had a two film adaptations of LTROI, we've had numerous stage play's and we've also had a TV series. Which other mediums would you like to see the story transferred to?

I'd love to see a manga version of the original book.I actually think LTROI could work phenomenally in manga form.

What about you lot? What other mediums would you like to see the story transferred to?
I think a manga adaptation of LTROI should follow the same art style as Death Note or Monster. I always thought that their gloomy composition fits quite well with LTROI

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”