Håkan's hat

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Siggdalos

Håkan's hat

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Yesterday, actor Peter Sjöquist posted a short video in which Per Ragnar tells the story of how he got the fur hat Håkan wears in LTROI: https://vimeo.com/802688739
In 1963, Ingmar Bergman became the boss of us acting students at the Royal Dramatic Theatre. He wanted us to develop, so we got to travel to Paris, Berlin, London, Milano ... and Moscow. And if you're in Moscow in the '60s there isn't a lot you can buy as a souvenir, but ... a fur hat. Yes, I bought a fur hat, in '63. And then about 10 years ago, Tomas Alfredson was making his Let the Right One In. I was told that he'd spent two months looking for the light blue windbreaker jacket I was going to wear so that it would be the right color shade, but he couldn't find the hat. He had looked and looked and looked and I said, "Yes, I might have the solution: Moscow '63". The rest is story.
TA talked a little about the hat on the Swedish commentary track (0:07:25 - 0:07:55):
TA: This beef-looking hat that [Håkan] wears was actually Per's idea. It's utterly fantastic.
JAL: Yeah.
TA: It kind of ... it puts some form of clown nose on the role, but ... It's not too ridiculous or humorous, but it's almost ...
JAL: Mm. He sort of becomes a character.
And the UK one:
TA: Per [...] does an amazing job and it was his idea to have this very cheesy hat. I think he bought it in Russia when he was… or Soviet a long time ago when he was on tour. It’s so uncool, this hat, so it makes you like him more.

gkmoberg1

Re: Håkan's hat

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:58 pm

I love it! Great to see Per Ragnar. He's so unknown here, which is a shame. Thanks @Siggdalos!

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”