Was it love?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Lilla Stjärna
lombano

Re: Was it love?

Post by lombano » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Opeth wrote: I know they kind of admired her for being part of Tesla but that was about it. Teresa was the last to be buried wasn't she?
Yes to both.
Bli mig lite.

danielmann861

Re: Was it love?

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:27 pm

lombano wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 am
I don't think this has been discussed much - were Theres and Teresa truly in love, was it one-sided, or was it something else? Were they even capable of love?
Considering the ending and Theres finally taking Teresa’s hand despite her insistence that no one is allowed to touch her throughout the entire novel.

Yeah, I would say it is love. A very perverted and dangerous love. But love none the less.

Teresa grows very much in love with Theres. Almost borderline obsessively and possessively in love with Theres. She gets very jealous at the sight of the other girls and the thought of them taking Theres away from her until she realises they pose no threat of taking her place. Theres also values Teresa the most over the other girls as her kinship with Teresa is the strongest. She openly says it many times and it’s her sheer honesty that stands out to me the most about her character. She never really lies. She just tells it how it is in her own warped point of view. Still she is very uncomfortable with human contact throughout the novel.

Theres’ final acceptance of her willingly taking Teresa’s hand as they walk to the wolf enclosure cemented it for me that yes. It is love they have for one another. A very perverted and dangerous form of love. And a love that is dangerous to everyone that crosses them.

Teresa and Theres very much become the alpha male and female of their pack.

Return to “Little Star”