LITTLE STAR named Best Horror Novel of the Year

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Lilla Stjärna
danielma

LITTLE STAR named Best Horror Novel of the Year

Post by danielma » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 am

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32069 ... -the-year/

Congrats to John Ajvide Lindqvist. It's that time of year again where everyone is making their annual "Best Of" lists and this year JAL's LITTLE STAR came out on top -- at least according to the folks over at Bloody Disgusting

Although, it really isn't hard for me not to agree with them :D LITTLE STAR is so well deserving of the honor.
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

lombano

Re: LITTLE STAR named Best Horror Novel of the Year

Post by lombano » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm not sure I'd seen the American LS cover before - I like it better than the UK or Aussie ones, second only to the Swedish one.
Bli mig lite.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:16 pm

I am yet to read Little Star, but congrats to John anyway ... I'm pretty sure it's awesome, even without reading it. :D 8-)

On a side note, I didn't realise how many different covers there were for Little Star. A quick search found six different covers. I have put them in the order in which I like the cover design, top is most, bottom is least (for me) ...

But why do they insist on printing "Sweden's answer to Stephen King"? Well I know why ... to sell more books, but I feel it is creating a label that John will find difficult to shake. He should be lauded in his own right, and not constantly compared to others.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 pm

[quote="Jameron"]

The original Ordfront cover by Ulrika Malm is still my all time favorite. It's simple, expressive and to the point.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 pm

I haven't read the other books on his list, but I'm pleased to see John at the top of the heap. It'll be great to see if they make a film of it.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 am

It bugs me how that author on that site repeatedly refers to LTROI as "Let Me In". His excuse was that was the name of the original printing in America so therefore more people are familiar with that title, which is ridiculous. Especially since the US publisher refers to it as LTROI on the cover.

And yeah it's annoying how the US publisher repeatedly keeps on milking the Stephen King connection. That JAL was behind LTROI is a more valid selling point.
No banaaaanas?

Return to “Little Star”