Fantasy Soundtrack for 'Little Star' movie

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Lilla Stjärna
snaps

Fantasy Soundtrack for 'Little Star' movie

Post by snaps » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 pm

An open-ended thread, contribute at will. Of course we would expect to hear ''Bright Eyes'' but what else should be on the soundtrack?

What would you think fits in with the story? This is one of two versions of ''I'll Be Gone'' by the Swedish band Broder Daniel, played here by a girl in France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bBOY#t=32s

[Eden]

Re: Fantasy Soundtrack for 'Little Star' movie

Post by [Eden] » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 pm

"Dom som forsvann" by Kent, specially because of the children's singing part
Outsiders love best.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:50 am

The novel itself has a large number of songs mentioned. They are listed in this thread:

http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =18&t=1870

I for one would want to hear the title track. :D

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 pm

I wonder how difficult it would be to get the rights to use these songs in a movie version. Would Abba really want to have their music used in a movie version of Little Star?

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:37 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:I wonder how difficult it would be to get the rights to use these songs in a movie version. Would Abba really want to have their music used in a movie version of Little Star?
I was thinking about this recently. It all depends on how BIG($$$$) the movie version of LS will be.
It's all about image and money...well, mostly money.
If ABBA's people consider how much records the group will sell after it's music appears in a high profile film...well that should do it. However, if the movie is truly explicit and very close to the novel, ABBA might not want to be involved in such a venture....I'd love to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations!
I would be awesome to hear their music in the movie version....Even if no other artist would give their blessing, ABBA's music is a must for this film...If it's ever going to be turned into a Swedish film....and subsequently even more successful American re-make. :(
Vitaly
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:43 pm

In LTROI, none of the tunes from the book were used in the film (and they mean a lot to me).
Not quite comparable perhaps, since the music is more important in LS, but I wouldn't rule out an excellent film without the signature tunes from the book.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm

drakkar wrote:In LTROI, none of the tunes from the book were used in the film (and they mean a lot to me).
Indeed...However LTROI had so many things going for it(cast, script, Söderqvist, ETC) that the missings songs from the book did not really hurt the final product...
drakkar wrote:Not quite comparable perhaps, since the music is more important in LS, but I wouldn't rule out an excellent film without the signature tunes from the book.
True. In the end it's the story that makes the film...I would love at least one ABBA tune to be included for fun/shock value.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 pm

I can't really contribute much to this because I know very little about Swedish music. Now for an American translation I have hundreds of ideas!

ABBA would be a must for the soundtrack regardless of where it's made or released! Even if 80% of the film's budget was spent on getting the rights to one or two songs, it would be probably be worth it. The movie would have to be made using sock puppets and stick figures but at least the songs would be there :lol:
slog tillbaka. hårt.

the_value_of_x

Post by the_value_of_x » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

varamiglite wrote:I can't really contribute much to this because I know very little about Swedish music. Now for an American translation I have hundreds of ideas!

ABBA would be a must for the soundtrack regardless of where it's made or released! Even if 80% of the film's budget was spent on getting the rights to one or two songs, it would be probably be worth it. The movie would have to be made using sock puppets and stick figures but at least the songs would be there :lol:
A movie consisting entirely of bunraku puppets sounds awesome.

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Little Star”