What scene made you shiver the most? *SPOILERS*

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Lilla Stjärna
MSenseMovies

What scene made you shiver the most? *SPOILERS*

Post by MSenseMovies » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Just finished reading Little Star and would like to share my experience with it.

The scene that made me shiver the most was when Teresa decided to kill Johannes to see if she was ready for the massacre. It was such a horrible and intense scene that it even made me put down the book and just take a pause.

Burning In

Re: What scene made you shiver the most? *SPOILERS*

Post by Burning In » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:18 pm

I'd have to say it was one of either three scenes:

One scene was the one where Theres actually kills Lennart and Laila, what she does and the aftermath which Jerry sees in just nuts. The second scene would probably have to be the scene between Theres and Max when he tries to molest her. And finally, the scene where all The Wolves abduct him, torture him and kill him.

That scene is pretty crazy, all of them are. But I love them all. Little Star is briliant :D

danielma

Post by danielma » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 pm

There were a few scenes that were pretty horrific to me

1.)Jerry provoking the infant Theres...when I first started reading, I was so sure that Jerry would be in the defacto "Max Hansen" exploiter role...what a saint Jerry turned out to be though (at least by comparison to many of the characters)...but yeah, at the time of reading that scene, I had my Eight Month Old God daughter playing in front of me. The thought of slapping and provoking something so helpless kind of sent a chill down my spine at the time....turns out I was dead wrong on my first initial impressions of Jerry though and he turned out to be an almost saint

2.)Teresa killing Johannes in cold blood....I had a feeling it was coming, but I REALLY didn't want to see it happen...In many ways it was necessary to Teresa's almost split character, it was the final denoument of her playing the role of "Teresa"...that Teresa dies with Johannes...but I really didn't want to see Johannes die either...so that was pretty gut wrenching...

3.)Max Hensen and Theres sexually explicit encounter...right up there with the Zom-kan rape of Eli scene in LTROI
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Bustedstuff15

Post by Bustedstuff15 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 am

MSenseMovies wrote:Just finished reading Little Star and would like to share my experience with it.

The scene that made me shiver the most was when Teresa decided to kill Johannes to see if she was ready for the massacre. It was such a horrible and intense scene that it even made me put down the book and just take a pause.

Gotta agree with you there. I found that I had placed my hand over my mouth through that whole scene whithout even realizing it. It really showed that any part of Teresa that was there had left and only Urd remained. Brilliant writing and an awsome risk by JAL for putting it there
There’s a darkness upon me that’s flooded in light

Return to “Little Star”