Reading Harbor

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Människohamn
EEA

Reading Harbor

Post by EEA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 am

This is my second time reading Harbor. Is my third favorite book from JAL's books. I still don't understand how the whole thing with Spiritus works. :think: My favorite characters are Simon and Anna-Greta. I still don't like Anders and I want to care about what happens to him but I just can't. This is what happened the first time I read the book. I am on page 200. ;)

a_contemplative_life

Re: Reading Harbor

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

Boy, if you don't like Sanders then the story must really be a struggle.

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:45 pm

It isn't that much of a struggle. More of I just want to get back to what is going on in Domaro and with Simon and Anna-Gretta. :mrgreen:

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:28 am

I am almost done reading the book. And I just don't like Anders. I just could never identify with his struggle as he search for Maja. And the whole confrontation with Bjorn and Henrik at the end was too easy. I was expecting more, especially about how Spiritus was used.

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 pm

Im really looking forward to this. I started the first reading weeks ago but didn't read on :oops: so now i restart. it will be my second JAL book! I already own LTODD and Little Star but had not started yet... :oops: but soon! soon! :D

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:17 am

I have read all of JAL's books. :)
I have LTROI, Harbour, Handling the Undead, Little Star and Let The Old Dreams Die. :mrgreen:
Little Star is JAL's best work so far. :)
Now I am reading Handling The Undead again. :mrgreen:

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 am

:oops: i should read so much more...

but free days are ahead :D

EEA

Post by EEA » Thu May 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Well I read whenever I get time. I used to read a lot when I was a kid. Now it feels like there isn't enough free time. ;)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Thu May 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Same here :| time is always short *sigh* i really read a lot when i was younger. But the last few years i read, in fact, nothing! :oops: what i can remeber LTROI was my first book in years.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 am

EEA wrote:I have read all of JAL's books. :)
I have LTROI, Harbour, Handling the Undead, Little Star and Let The Old Dreams Die. :mrgreen:
Little Star is JAL's best work so far. :)
Now I am reading Handling The Undead again. :mrgreen:
Have you read the short story "Itsy Bitsy"? (it comes with a sample of Handling the Undead & Harbour) - mobi, epub <--- click the link to dl.

I don't think it's actually for sale anywhere, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong providing people with an opportunity to read it. I wait to be corrected.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Return to “Harbour”