EDIT: I'm Done :) Mini Review Time

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Människohamn
danielma

Re: EDIT: I'm Done :) Mini Review Time

Post by danielma » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:I agree with your point about the horrific nature of how otherwise normal human beings treat one another. Then when those guys came back and drowned Erin in a bucket--really creeped me out.
Indeed...one of the creepiest moments with Hubba and Bubba

And I agree with Raven eyes, the common connection all three books have is the horror of humanity rather than the horror of the "monster"
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Nattes_blod

Post by Nattes_blod » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 pm

danielma wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote:I agree with your point about the horrific nature of how otherwise normal human beings treat one another. Then when those guys came back and drowned Erin in a bucket--really creeped me out.
Indeed...one of the creepiest moments with Hubba and Bubba

And I agree with Raven eyes, the common connection all three books have is the horror of humanity rather than the horror of the "monster"
Hi i´m new here and happy to see that there finally is a forum for avids fans from LTRON or JAL,

when i finished reading "Harbour" it really fascinated me how JAl constructed the ending.
No Spoilers here!^^
Kind of strange, surrealistic yet right before your eyes.

The "Horror" is the cold decline of society when a individual being desperately tries to defy his or her
"fate" .

thestich

Post by thestich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:19 am

Nattes_blod,

Welcome to the infected.

If you have not already done so, check out the "tale told by hands":
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/woofy/4 ... -by-hands/

Also, if you are interested check out the Fan Fiction. It ranges from good to mind blowingly awesome.

Have fun.
While wandering here between posts and FF, I am gradually getting convinced, that I haven't seen anywhere more beautiful madness than on this forum. Clubmeister

editrice

Post by editrice » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:49 am

Danielma: Where did you find that picture for Harbour? It's really nice.

danielma

Post by danielma » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Danielma: Where did you find that picture for Harbour? It's really nice.
You mean the one I originally posted in my mini review?

I made it in Photoshop...I took a pre exsisting image of a light house, played around with colouring, then took the Maja from the Australian cover...cut her out and imposed it over the image

Just something I made for the fun of it...thank you for the compliment Editrice :)
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

macurbach

Post by macurbach » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I agree, very cool fan art. At first I thought it was for an upcoming film; perfect!

I too, am confused about what actually happened to Simon and Anna-Greta...

Zeb

Post by Zeb » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok,i finished it couple hours ago and.....fantastic! No really-fantastic.I really enjoyed it.

Im pretty hopeless at actually writing reviews so will keep it brief,but for the first time ever this book managed to give me goosebumps.Henrik and Bjorn were the creepiest double act i've ever encountered and if this book isnt made into a movie then the industry is dead from the waist up.I really felt genine empathy for Anders with the pain from loosing Maja.

If you havent read it yet do so.

Next book please! :D
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda

J.J.

Post by J.J. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Well, at last! I finished reading it!

Great, really GREAT book, this one. I agree with those of you who think this is JAL's best novel yet. I was hooked from the opening chapter...
The ending... wow. Breath-taker. I just would like to read about Cecilia's reaction after learning that Maja was still alive and that Anders wasn't crazy at all, though... ;)

Just one question: do you think Anna-Greta & Simon survive the tidal wave? When they're on board the ship, trapped in ice, Simon says he can see Gavasten from there, so... were they far enough to avoid the wave? :think:
You have to invite me in

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:21 pm

J.J. wrote:[/spoiler]

Just one question: do you think Anna-Greta & Simon survive the tidal wave? When they're on board the ship, trapped in ice, Simon says he can see Gavasten from there, so... were they far enough to avoid the wave? :think:
It could go either way....but I'd like to think that they survived...in some form. :)
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Harbour”