So I stumbled into Borders today...

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Människohamn
drakkar

Re: So I stumbled into Borders today...

Post by drakkar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:54 pm

When she disappeared? No, they were looking around inside the lighthouse, and the Maja saw something out on the ice Anders couldnt see.
Maja ran down and out of the lighthouse, and when Anders followed, Maja couldn't be found. They followed her footsteps from the lighthouse, and they just disappear after a few metres.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:54 pm

drakkar wrote:When she disappeared? No, they were looking around inside the lighthouse, and the Maja saw something out on the ice Anders couldnt see.
Maja ran down and out of the lighthouse, and when Anders followed, Maja couldn't be found. They followed her footsteps from the lighthouse, and they just disappear after a few metres.
I know, I have read the book out, just now XD Umm, I ment when they where on their way to the lighthouse. Anders saw her far away in her red clothes. That is at least what I see on that bookcover..:P
Last edited by intrige on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:20 pm

intrige wrote:Didn't Maja wear skis? So the track of her would be two stripes. Not footsteps like that? XD I cant remember precisely, tell me if I am wrong:P
As I recall, they walked across the ice to the island. Otherwise, wouldn't JAL have mentioned Maja putting her skis back on after they had been up in the lighthouse? And wouldn't she have been wearing those skis as Henrik and Bjorn were carrying her down the stairs?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Yes, they were skiing over the ice to Gåvasten. Hadn't Maja got her first pair of skis shortly before the trip?
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 am

drakkar wrote:Yes, they were skiing over the ice to Gåvasten. Hadn't Maja got her first pair of skis shortly before the trip?
Yeah I guess. The book was rented, so I can't look it up to see if I'm right.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Harbour”