Finally read the novel and yes there will be spoilers.

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Hanteringen av odöda
danielma

Re: Finally read the novel and yes there will be spoilers.

Post by danielma » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:57 am

gattoparde59 wrote:The first psychological Zombie thriller?

One prejudice that Lindqvist's work faces is that he works in these cheesy genres that are not taken seriously. "Not another vampire/zombie story!" The same with the Stephen King comparisons. These books are so much more than that, but it is easy for people to dismiss them and miss out.
No I don't think psychological thriller is the best terms for it personally.

Psychological Thriller isn't the word I'd ever use for this story because it simply isn't...it's psychological horror in it's themes though (in the sense that it's hitting the topics we fear in life such as death)...but Psychological Thriller doesn't even come close to describing this.

Psychlogical Thriller's are usually centered on plot rather then character, Handling is all about the characters and their emotional journey which would be one of the reasons why I don't have a problem with the supposed abrubt ending. It's only an abrubt ending in terms of what happens with society but as far as the emotional journey for the characters, I think it wraps it self up pretty nicely...the ending really is about these people learning to let go
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Return to “Handling The Undead”