Let The Right One In Inspired Music Video

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
be-me-a-little

Let The Right One In Inspired Music Video

Post by be-me-a-little » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:13 am

Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you had see this music video that is very clearly inspired by LTROI and what all of you think of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toq7cNCC1KE
perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood

PeteMork

Re: Let The Right One In Inspired Music Video

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Nice! Definitely not a 'kinder and gentler' Eli. :o
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:37 am

What a cool video! "Inspired by Let The Right One In, Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) and JPJones wrote the song after being inspired from the film, feeling that the story being told held significance to their own relationship."

Could it be, really, that I've not seen this?! This has been out there for 8 yrs and a bunch of months... errr, I must live in a really nice cave and haven't noticed. hmmm, :knocks on stone walls: ... quality cave, yes :oops:

Watching it again. ... Sort of a 'Veni, Vidi, Vici' moment for her... must be so hard finding new tormented guys to rescue. 8-) I must get her number... Morkus, do you have it?

There are sections of this that remind of vids @intrige has done - something about barefoot in the snow on a playground. And of course with a cube... yes?

Overall, this is a well thought out, filmed and edited short.

I find it curious that Chrissie and JP wrote this song and clearly were the cause of having this video created, yet their roles in it are, well, almost a distraction. The interruptions to the story where we watch them sing & play back to back does give the drama some pacing. But I'm surprised that given their enthusiasm in LTROI that they didn't put themselves into the video somehow. Yet, what they did, or had done, is terrific.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 am

Great video, be-me. Great ending, too. Come in.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:38 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:37 am
There are sections of this that remind of vids @intrige has done - something about barefoot in the snow on a playground. And of course with a cube... yes?
Oh yes, I still have it somewhere, for context: I was 16, it was winter in norway and I took my camera to the nearest playground and filmed myself as Eli playing in it alone in the dark. Rubic's cube and all. That's 12 years ago, wow.

I think I have posted this exact music video on here before, but it is so long ago. I scowered youtube fore LTROI inspired stuff and founds lots. I'll see if I can find it!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Fan Art”