Let the Long Night End (Art Thread)

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
SpartanAltego

Let the Long Night End (Art Thread)

Post by SpartanAltego » Mon May 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello there! Given my penchent for sauvin-esque image edits centered around the cast and events of my current fanfiction I thought I'd just make a thread to fill with all the excess creativity I've got leaking outta my brain. Anyone interested in getting the original source images I used to make these can shoot me a message, I kept copies of almost all the original basic images. Hopefully you will all find it satisfying! Feel free to put any of your own LtLNE images you like in here as well, if you feel the urge.

Man, do you know how hard it is to find a good basic image of Eli to use that isn't in low resolution or covered in blood? Goodness.

"Posters"

"Main Title"

"Act II"

"Main Title (Original Draft Variant)"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Character Portraits"

"Abigail"

[b"]Abraham"[/b]

"Carmen Moretti"

Damien Langley

"Eli(as)"

"Howard Burns"

"Levi Matthews"

"Milton David Matthews"

"Oskar Eriksson"
Last edited by SpartanAltego on Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

SpartanAltego

Re: Let the Long Night End (Art Thread)

Post by SpartanAltego » Mon May 14, 2018 5:32 pm

"Love & Monsters"

I particularly enjoyed creating this piece, with thanks to Pissball for his furnishing of an excellent artist's conception of Eli in full vampire mode.

"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 am

Loved them all Spartan.Thank goodness for your brain leakage.. :lol:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 am

Yowza!

Your Milton is about my mental impression of the FBI Agent Charles Alvirez from Let Me In 2.

Interesting take on Oskar.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue May 15, 2018 3:02 am

ltroifanatic wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 am
Loved them all Spartan.Thank goodness for your brain leakage.. :lol:
If it's broke, don't fix it...? :P
gkmoberg1 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 am
Yowza!

Your Milton is about my mental impression of the FBI Agent Charles Alvirez from Let Me In 2.

Interesting take on Oskar.
Ahh, what an excellent read that tale was - it was LM2 and 'The Hunters' in particular that lit the flame under me to truly get to work writing LtLNE.

Oskar is in fact Oskar, at least the film's portrayal of him - that's Kare. I believe he's around sixteen in that image, recognizable yet notably older - just like Oskar of LtLNE. He also has the short hair described in LtODD, which wasn't really a consideration when I chose it but I found the look to be charming and figured I'd write it into the story.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 am

What application do you use to manipulate these images?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 am

sauvin wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 am
What application do you use to manipulate these images?
Mostly just a free application called GIMP and an online application called Pic Monkey, though for the latter to export images you do need an account that costs about $5 monthly as I recall. I usually use GIMP for fine details and Pic Monkey for tone, enhancing eye color, adding text, and blending images with overlays. ^_^

With Part VI's recent release I'm considering making little "chapter art" pieces for each of the published chapters so far. Expect more soon, gentle Infected.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 pm

You may recognize the first image, which I discovered on this very forum and edited just a little bit to hide something within. Part II's surprise is also slightly 'hidden', with Part III having the only cover so far without a subtler touch. See if you can't spot the details in the first two.

Part I

Part II

Part III

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 am

Whoa! Love "I've got you under my skin." Beautifully done!

(The other two ain't bad either.) :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 am

Very tricky and very well done.Funny how when I think of the song I think of vampires."I've got you under my skin,I've got you deep in the heart of me" :think:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Fan Art”