From the light of a different sun

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
metoo

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by metoo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Speaking of Elysse - will we ever learn whether she regained her memory?
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 am

Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 am

Yes, and that's how JAL and TA present her -- as though her life had been on hold for two centuries.

Beautiful image, BTW.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:32 am

dongregg wrote:Yes, and that's how JAL and TA present her -- as though her life had been on hold for two centuries.

Beautiful image, BTW.
Can you make out the image in the water?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 am

I love this one. :wub: How did you get the picture of Eli and Oskar (and the cube?) to overlay the water like that? It seems to be in the proper perspective, too.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:59 am

PeteMork wrote:I love this one. :wub: How did you get the picture of Eli and Oskar (and the cube?) to overlay the water like that? It seems to be in the proper perspective, too.
GIMP can not only do various operations with colours, ranges of colours, selection sets, layers and such like, it can also warp images in a number of ways. I guarantee the perspective is off by quite a bit, but I imported the image onto a layer immediately above the main layer, erased stuff in it I didn't want and changed its opacity to just! this side of barely visible after twisting it.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 am

Yep! I've decided that this one is absolutely perfect--from rendition to symbolism. My favorite in this series.

(I know a lot of these effects are also possible in Photoshop. I've actually done engineering drawings with text that you can twist and distort to appear properly on 3-D constructs, but I've never heard of GIMP...)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:21 am

PeteMork wrote:Yep! I've decided that this one is absolutely perfect--from rendition to symbolism. My favorite in this series.

(I know a lot of these effects are also possible in Photoshop. I've actually done engineering drawings with text that you can twist and distort to appear properly on 3-D constructs, but I've never heard of GIMP...)
Imaginatively enough, "graphic image manipulation program". GNU FOSS, also available for Windows and, if I'm not mistaken, OS X. People who know both packages say GIMP isn't as powerful, meaning, anything I can do with GIMP, you can do with PhotoShop, and probably with greater ease and producing better results. Those same people will tell you that GIMP is a very capable package just the same.

Its user interface leaves something to be desired, though. It's a bit scattered. If you're a Linux user, you might also consider trying out Krita. I don't like it as much, but that might just be because I've not really poked at it much. However, it's also got layering, selection sets and suchlike.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:12 am

PeteMork, you BAD MAN, you made me experiment with something!

Return to “Fan Art”