From the light of a different sun

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by dongregg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Pissball wrote:Speaking on the fangs, they should be naturally the human canines but enlarged.
However many movies I see put the fangs were the laterals-incisors are, this may be do they are more noticeable there and the actors don't need to open much their mouth to show them.

Anyway Eli has actually shark-like teeth/fangs, not just two fangs, and his bite sure is more nasty than the two incisions of the classic vampire.
Yeah, Pissball, I've consistently gone with the razor-sharp rows of teeth version in my fan fictions and humorous sketches.

Scene behind candy kiosk:

"Oskar would you still like me if I ripped out people's throats and drained their blood?"

"I suppose so. Why do you ask?"
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Ain't mama happy, ain't nobody happy, so it's said in Detroit. Ladies and gentlemen, this is one officially royally brassed off mamacita.

Wing of bat, eye of cat (nose, too), ears from some canid or other, teeth from some museum or other, wide open mouth of a girl screaming, upper body of a woman swimming, arms from a gymnast, Lina's face drawn longer to accommodate a home-made dentition... and hands and nails from when Eli went shopping at the mall! As noted in a similar post earlier, the pool is the one in which Oskar nearly died, but it's just a tad bit remodeled.

It's not much to look at, but it's the result of a slowly expanding set of skills. My complaints with it have mostly to do with colours; matching skin tones and suchlike is getting easier, there's lots of room for improvement in that area.

Well, Jimmy, what do you think?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 pm

It isn't recorded, but if he had had more time, he might have slapped his forehead with his free hand and said, "Crap, I knew we needed to check first to see if this nerd has a vampire girlfriend with unresolved anger issues." But he may have only gotten as far as "Crap..."
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:33 pm

dongregg wrote:
It isn't recorded, but if he had had more time, he might have slapped his forehead with his free hand and said, "Crap, I knew we needed to check first to see if this nerd has a vampire girlfriend with unresolved anger issues." But he may have only gotten as far as "Crap..."
I think most people wouldn't have understood what they were seeing right away, and would first have thought "what the f...?". I'm thinking Jimmy had just enough time to say "Wh...?"

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:08 am

Which is worse, I wonder, from Jimmy's point of view, an Eli boiling over with anger, or an Eli seized by a cold rage?

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 pm

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:20 am

You're getting very good at this.The pic of Eli at the dinner table was so sad.I think I like the darker version of Eli the best.Her teeth and eyes seem to be more distinctive.I think he wouldn't have time to say anything.The only sound would be of his bowels exploding in terror.Yuk.. :shock:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:29 am

ltroifanatic wrote:You're getting very good at this.The pic of Eli at the dinner table was so sad.I think I like the darker version of Eli the best.Her teeth and eyes seem to be more distinctive.I think he wouldn't have time to say anything.The only sound would be of his bowels exploding in terror.Yuk.. :shock:
Thank you, and I really do hope you honestly like them, and aren't just being kind. I'll never really be any good at it, but, well, it's so much FUN!

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:31 am

Abby says:
Abby wrote: Yes, you can come in.

This is my home. I moved in a little while ago, so I haven't had to do much cleanup.

Do you like my dinner table?

These are the kinds of places I live in when I don't have somebody. I like old hospitals best because they're usually where all the people are, and there are lots of rooms with no windows for when the sun is up and lots of rooms with lots of big windows for when the moon is out. They're safe and they're quiet and there's hardly ever anybody around to tell me to be more quiet when I have somebody over for dinner. Usually lots and lots of shelf space for storing leftovers, too, and lots of places to hide when I don't want people finding me!

Aw, man, you really think this is disgusting? I'm guessing you've never moved into a place where previous tenants didn't clean up. Lots of times they leave some really nasty messes on the table or on the shelves. Nasty and stinky! It's always nice to find a place where the water is still running.

When I can't find a hospital, an old city morgue will do, or maybe a mortuary. Like I said, safe and quiet because not too many people like coming around to visit. Although... it is nice when my dinner is delivered so I don't have to go shopping.

When I can't find those, I don't usually hang around much. Old houses are OK, but, well... kids. Kids come around looking for a good time, but then their parents and the police come around looking for them. It's less of a big deal in really big cities, but lots of times it's a problem anywhere. I like apartments and trailers less because they usually don't have rooms with no windows (don't tell Owen that, please!), but a bit of cardboard here, a few blankets or garbage bags there, and it's usually OK enough.

I've stayed in caves every now and again, but I really don't like to. There's usually only one way in or out, and I don't like not having at least two or three directions to run when I get scared. I've stayed overnight in underpasses a time or three, but man, that's not something I do when I can help it! I could always do what they did long, long time ago, and just dig a hole in the ground, but do you have any idea just how many cats and dogs there are in the world!?

Speaking of big cities, though, I like malls a lot, too. Not so many places to hide, maybe, but enough places that people just can't get to that I'm safe enough. Never had a problem, in fact, and you'll be surprised at just how often my meals come in on wheels. Old malls aren't as good as hospitals, though, because there's also lots less places to put my table scraps. Also, no tables! Plus, they sometimes leave hospitals standing for years and years and years after everybody's gone someplace else, but they like to knock down old malls to make way for highways, parking lots, golf clubs, big box stores and things. I remember leaving town one night after seeing a construction company parked in the parking lot when I got home once.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:22 am

:lol: And so house proud too. :lol:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Fan Art”