sauvin

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by sauvin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 am

Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:38 pm

sauvin wrote:Oskar in a straitjacket
I particularly like this one, particularly the expression on Oskar's face (taken from when he is hit in the face with a stick as I recall). It's not fearful or even angry, more of a warning look. Someone who knows a hurricane is coming and is patiently awaiting its arrival. Reminds me of Owen's attitude in the Let Me In 2 fanfiction, while he is incarcerated.

You're quite dedicated, sauvin, to be making and posting these image edits so frequently. It's honestly very impressive.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:15 pm

SpartanAltego wrote:
I particularly like this one, particularly the expression on Oskar's face (taken from when he is hit in the face with a stick as I recall). It's not fearful or even angry, more of a warning look. Someone who knows a hurricane is coming and is patiently awaiting its arrival. Reminds me of Owen's attitude in the Let Me In 2 fanfiction, while he is incarcerated.

You're quite dedicated, sauvin, to be making and posting these image edits so frequently. It's honestly very impressive.
Dunno about "dedicated"; mostly, I'm just amusing myself and sharing some of the results.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:48 pm

sauvin wrote:
SpartanAltego wrote:

Dunno about "dedicated"; mostly, I'm just amusing myself and sharing some of the results.
Whatever the case, we're glad you decided to share.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:33 am

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:44 am

Seeing Jean Reno gives me a whole new thought -- Wouldn't young Natalie Portman have made a delightful Eli? :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 am

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 am

dongregg wrote:Seeing Jean Reno gives me a whole new thought -- Wouldn't young Natalie Portman have made a delightful Eli? :wub:
I put up another crossover image a while ago, Mathilde (sp?) and Leon at the fancy restaurant, Mathilde laughing helplessly. Between the two of them, appearing to be sitting at the same table, is Eli. The caption I put was Mathilde saying "She's a WHAT!?" That image caused at least one member to remark something to the effect that Eli and Mathilde should totally do something together because they're kindred spirits.

I probably blathered on (and on and on and on) about how there are such strong parallels between The Professional and LTROI, but with some very interesting role reassignments in various respects. Between LTROI, LMI, Hit Girls and the Professional, I suppose at least part of my fascination is in these very, very young women being so intelligent, so independent in so many ways, so strong-willed - so empowered, you see - while still trying to navigate the whitewaters of adolescence in the face of a shrouded fragility.

Moretz did a wonderful Abby, no two ways about it, but Abby isn't Eli. Abby is... well... "slinkier", where Eli is so sternly self-controlled and reserved she's almost wooden. Portman could probably have pulled off a perfectly wonderful eliform vampire, but if we want another Eli, I'm seriously thinking we'd need another young northern European.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 pm

100% pure human blood harvested legally and humanely from consenting young residents in our private detention centres around the world. Our donors are closely screened to assure that you can savor every life-giving gulp without fear of taint. Enjoy the salty sweet corn-fed goodness of north American fast food or garlicky nirvana from southern Europe! Safe and nutritious for hematophages from all known canons.

Available in specialty boutiques everywhere. Coming soon to Walmart for your safety and convenience!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need special formulations such as low sodium or adjusted glycemic index content. Special orders are expedited on request.

Return to “Fan Art”