From the light of a different sun

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
sauvin

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by sauvin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 am

As best I can remember, this is the first time I've ever actually taken a head off one body and plopped it onto somebody else's body, unless you count the one where Eli is shown from Jimmy's POV flying over the pool. That one, though, was a jigsaw puzzle that wasn't meant to look particularly realistic. I did not do a very good job with this one because I ran out of time, but I thought it was giggle-worthy enough to share.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:26 am

Looks awesome to me!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

It looks to me like you spent exactly the right amount of time on it. Leave it to you to come up with something Eli can do just fine in the dark that most children couldn't ;) Perfect outfit that goes perfectly with the perfect kite.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 am

She's so beautiful.The little outfit you've dressed her in makes her look adorable.You know she just loves it.Flashing her little smile.Wouldn't it be lovely if we spotted her playing under lights somewhere.Watching her run,holding the kite string, trying to get the kite airborne as it skids along the ground.Then with a sudden burst of speed,little legs a blur,the kite launches into the air.We all cheer and want to go and congratulate her but she turns around when she hears us, and with a friendly hiss shows her fangs.We just freeze and smile (legs wobbling uncontrollably) and wave to her as she runs away waving back.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 am

ltroifanatic wrote:She's so beautiful.The little outfit you've dressed her in makes her look adorable.You know she just loves it.Flashing her little smile.Wouldn't it be lovely if we spotted her playing under lights somewhere.Watching her run,holding the kite string, trying to get the kite airborne as it skids along the ground.Then with a sudden burst of speed,little legs a blur,the kite launches into the air.We all cheer and want to go and congratulate her but she turns around when she hears us, and with a friendly hiss shows her fangs.We just freeze and smile (legs wobbling uncontrollably) and wave to her as she runs away waving back.
Thank you! :lol:

I didn't actually "dress" Eli in anything. I fear it's going to be quite a while before I'll even approach that level of skill. I was clicking around on the web, found a girl of about the right kind of size and age flying a kite, and wondered if Eli ever flew a kite. The smiling face is from where she's asking Oskar to invite her into his home ("du maaste bjuda in mig"). This is just about the only moment from the movie I can remember that would fit this particular application. I decapitated Eli (ouch!), chucked it into the image of the girl flying a kite together with a few cans of black spray paint to turn the scene from broad daylight into dusk.

It was just meant to elicit a few titters because it takes Eli very far out of type. Very quiet, is our Eli, very reserved. She seems to entertain herself with puzzles and touring quietly around the neighbourhood, and it's really hard for me to see her engaging in activities that don't engage her mind or don't have some near-to-middle term survival value. I personally can't see her doing dumb stuff, fun stuff, like boinging up and down on a pogo stick or paddling around in a swimming pool.

Although... hee hee... maybe these days Eli doesn't buzz around the neighbourhood personally anymore. Why do that, expending all kinds of precious energy, when it's child's play ( :lol: ) to pilot a drone?

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:24 am

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 am

sauvin wrote:...Although... hee hee... maybe these days Eli doesn't buzz around the neighbourhood personally anymore. Why do that, expending all kinds of precious energy, when it's child's play ( :lol: ) to pilot a drone?
Plus, she can do that in the daytime. (I'll be glad to show her how, BTW. But there will have to be a few ground rules besides those established by the FAA...) :D

Now to answer the important question: I could help her with the lost and alone, but I'll pass on the hungry...if she'll let me. :shock:

P.S. Nice effects with the colors as seen through the glass.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:06 am

PeteMork wrote:
sauvin wrote:...Although... hee hee... maybe these days Eli doesn't buzz around the neighbourhood personally anymore. Why do that, expending all kinds of precious energy, when it's child's play ( :lol: ) to pilot a drone?
Plus, she can do that in the daytime. (I'll be glad to show her how, BTW. But there will have to be a few ground rules besides those established by the FAA...) :D

Now to answer the important question: I could help her with the lost and alone, but I'll pass on the hungry...if she'll let me. :shock:

P.S. Nice effects with the colors as seen through the glass.
Mr. MORK!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:42 pm

sauvin wrote: Mr. MORK!

What a great idea! Here's my version:

Not only will it scare off the bats, but any member of WTI will know immediately who it belongs to if it lands mysteriously in our back yard. :shock:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Apocalypse Now -- "Death from Above"

And remember this -- Quadrotors can smell your fear!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Art”