Fooling around with a comic engine

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Sam

Re: Fooling around with a comic engine

Post by Sam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:20 am

Some others with a weird taste of humour. Thank you. :)

Actually its possible. There are some creators that can use custom stuff, so we could have characters like Oskar and Eli who even look like them. Depending on taste they could be more comiclike or more realistic. I would not use this software though, I saw some others that would suit better. Question is: Where do we get the customized pics?

By the way, I've seen how these creators work. Once you are familiar with the 10 neccessary buttons, it's really just a matter of minutes per cartoon. Anyone with ideas could join up. Could be a funny community-teamwork.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:57 am

Sam wrote:Some others with a weird taste of humour. Thank you. :)

Actually its possible. There are some creators that can use custom stuff, so we could have characters like Oskar and Eli who even look like them. Depending on taste they could be more comiclike or more realistic. I would not use this software though, I saw some others that would suit better. Question is: Where do we get the customized pics? By the way, I've seen how these creators work. Once you are familiar with the 10 neccessary buttons, it's really just a matter of minutes per cartoon. Anyone with ideas could join up. Could be a funny community-teamwork.
Try Dominic.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Enjoyed your comics. :)

Eli may very well have found Oskar's being an oddball attractive. If she's lonely and wants to find a friend, it's a safe bet that she'll have to find someone who can depart from conventional ways of thinking.

I also thought the scene in Oskar's bedroom with his mother's remarks about "the neighbors" was very amusing and sweet.

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Eli may very well have found Oskar's being an oddball attractive. If she's lonely and wants to find a friend, it's a safe bet that she'll have to find someone who can depart from conventional ways of thinking.
Completely agree. And even more. With her story of abuse, she can certainly relate to his story, maybe even without even knowing details, she might recognize the pattern. She might recognize a kindred spirit.

But in the beginning Oskar was just an emergency blood bag. That is something I found incredibly funny as well. I am not entirely sure when she changed her attitude, but it could have happend in the meantime between Oskar touching her cheek and the next meeting, which is the hugging event. I always thought it was funny, her trying not to eat him, and he pushes her face into his neck. We don't read what she is thinking. Might be "don't bite, don't bite, don't bite".

I assume Dominic is a user and an artist? Well, I hardly believe that would be worth his time.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Sam wrote:I assume Dominic is a user and an artist? Well, I hardly believe that would be worth his time.
Yeah, I don't know. And I don't know what kind of characters you need for comic engines. But here's one of several cartoons Dominic made.

He's a member and his username is Dominic.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Sam wrote:...And even more. With her story of abuse, she can certainly relate to his story, maybe even without even knowing details, she might recognize the pattern. She might recognize a kindred spirit.
Yes! I agree! Plus...
Once Eli shows Oskar that she gets it and takes the paper from him, she feels she can ask him about the fresh bandage on his cheek. He averts his eyes and mumbles that some classmates did it. Oskar tries to change the subject. Eli sees how frail Oskar looks, how slender he is. She can see his blood through the translucent skin of his cold fingers, cheeks, and nose. Eli gets a feeling in her chest that is different from any of her usual feelings. It is a heavy feeling, like wanting to cry. She sees a beautiful boy who is alone and vulnerable—maybe even more alone and vulnerable than she is.

And Eli knows bullying. She gets that.
From "When I Am with You."

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Good point. Didn't see Oskar as the "vulnerable, beautiful boy" yet. :think:

Anyway, that is some incredible work of art. A pity Dominic didn't make more.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Sam wrote:Good point. Didn't see Oskar as the "vulnerable, beautiful boy" yet. :think:

Anyway, that is some incredible work of art. A pity Dominic didn't make more.
He did! Find him in Members, then click on Find Posts (I think it is). He's on Facebook, too, and a couple of weeks ago he told me he's going to do more LTROI drawings.

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 pm

I wish I could do more than just using my mouse. (Although I'm pretty great with that)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:42 pm

dongregg wrote:Try Dominic.
Are you forgetting Daniel Ether?

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Return to “Fan Art”