Just for fun.

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
BravoHotel

Re: Just for fun.

Post by BravoHotel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Nice to see you're making pictures now too clubmeister, I love the first one, Eli trying innocently to be nice and not quite getting it right. :lol:
I had to borrow that idea for the last picture of my most recent adaptation because it's just so cute.
"He's got a cracking smile but he can't dive for toffee."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:35 pm

:lol:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

BravoHotel

Post by BravoHotel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm

By the way Dongregg I've just got the rabbit ears one, that's clever I'm almost hitting myself now for not seeing it sooner :lol: .
"He's got a cracking smile but he can't dive for toffee."

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 pm

"I thought you like it" :lol:

You both intrigued me, – what are the rabbit ears?
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Clubmeister wrote:"I thought you like it" :lol:

You both intrigued me, – what are the rabbit ears?
Ha ha! I'm surprised that one so young as BH got it and no one else. Rabbit ears are the antennae that sat on a 1950s TV set to get better reception. They mostly didn't get as good reception as a roof-mounted antenna, such as the one Thundy-Mindy got stuck on. When you got all "snow" on your TV screen, it meant reception was bad, so you fiddled with the rabbit ears until you got a good (snow-free) image. :lol:

I thought it might be funny because rabbit ears persisted in places where there was no cable or no antenna on the apartment building, and who knows what conditions Eli and Oskar would be living under after they left Blackeberg.
Last edited by dongregg on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:09 pm

I know very well about the antenna you say. We used it actively in the past, but it has no personal nikname in USSR :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Clubmeister wrote:I know very well about the antenna you say. We used it actively in the past, but it has no personal nikname in USSR :)
Okay, then, maybe Eli and Oskar went to USSR for a while before they went to Barcelona. :)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:27 pm

BravoHotel wrote:Image
Ha ha, nice :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 pm

BravoHotel wrote:Image
I can't read the bottom photo. Can someone explain what it says, or offer a suggestion? I'm on a mobile, so that might be why.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 pm

BravoHotel wrote:Next one's tomorrow. :)
Hahahahaha

I like the movie better, but the best part of the book was the bananas.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Return to “Fan Art”