Boy do I have a treat for you!

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
intrige

Boy do I have a treat for you!

Post by intrige » Fri May 16, 2014 4:40 am

Tonight all night, as usual, I have made something!
Not one thing, but three fanvids. I find them all to be equally as good, and one of them as one tiny glitch, which is pretty dman good for editing three videoes half asleep. So here they are! Two songs you might recodnize, and one you probably won't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pICn-7hL6Uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqOX3_rvdLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6olO5e2EFag

So which one do you like the most? As for me, I like the middle one the most. The beginning of that video is glorious. :'D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Jameron

Re: Boy do I have a treat for you!

Post by Jameron » Fri May 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Wow!

What a treat indeed.

Three very good vids. I think I prefer the first one, the London Grammar track, Wasting My Young Years, is really really good.

I liked the second vid with Eli appearing before Oskar following his whipping, that was nice. And the laterally flipped scenes were strangely different, lol. And Dido!!

Not a fan of the reflected image effect in the third vid, but that's just me. Great song by Norwegian Dream though.

Thanks Intrige :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank you!
Yes the Wasting my yung years song is soo beautiful, I just had to use it!
The mirror effect I know might have been a bit confusing, but I wanted to explore it. Have fun with it and play with editing. It was a blast. Not a perfect with, but I can live with that :) Personal preference is allowed! :D
Ah yeah, Eli apearing there is much harder than it looks, it took me four layers of foradge to make it. Four Eli's on top of each other, by each layer remiving the building in the background.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:51 pm

I've yet to watch the 3rd one, but after seeing the second one ('LTROI - I'm in Love') I have to stop for a moment and say a few things. Such as.... what a tremendous effort! This is one of the best fan videos I've ever seen. The use of clips across many segments of this second video are extremely effective. Take the sequence that begins at about 2:35, for example. What you are showing beautifully lines up with Dido's lyrics: "I'll let it pass and hold my tongue / O&E at her doorway + "and you will think that I've moved on"/ car leaving + "I will go down with this ship..." / the kiss. The entire composition holds many of these sequences (ex: the sequence for "I know I've left too much mess and destruction to come back again/ I cause nothing but trouble/ I can understand if you can't talk to me again")- the lyrics and visual in line with each other, producing a wonderful message. Also very sly and effective is the transition from the kiss to Oskar's holding Eli from the their hug back at the candy shop - seamlessly put together - at 3:08. And throughout, there is use of the egg breaking down, often set to where the music has a chime effect. This - the egg breaking - is used to bracket small scenes and serves as a punctuation of the overall message, such as again at 3:33 when the lyrics are emphasizing the commitment to this love just as Eli's hand comes to rest in Oskars. 'trige, this is simply an amazing video - Best. Fanvid. Ever. (oops, suppose I should watch the 3rd one...)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:02 pm

"Wow" is right! The 3rd one ("Let us fly away') is pretty darn good as well. I do like the mirroring effect. The usage is not overdone and at moments fits very well to their moves and where they are looking. Their looking up at 0:45, for example, is really good. Also, the split/reverse screen segment at 1:32 of behind the subway/candy shop. This is a treat. Thank you very much for these videos. :D

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri May 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Thank you gk! I am so glad you liked this! :D
The song by Dido. I found the full album randomly on youtube here the other night, and the first track was this one, white flag. When I listened to it images from let the right one in emidietly came in my mind. It fitted so perfectly. I am glad you noted the egg breaking. At the end it also breaks, because now all the pressure has been released and it is finally over. Now they can live happily ever after :wub: It was kinda hard to place the egg breaking actually, since if it was too often it would be annoying, and if it was too rare it would not make sence, so I had to place it just enough times for the viewer to remember it until the very end when it breaks again. :?

Thank youu! :D

Child_Of_The_Corn

Post by Child_Of_The_Corn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you for sharing, those were some awesome vids. I must say i liked the third the most. I loved the song and the imagery that went with it. But the beginning of the first vid.. those eyes :wub:
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Only I will remain.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Thank you, it means alot :)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:37 pm

"LTROI wasting my young years" is very ... title. I even don't know, which would be the right adjective. Cool? No. Fatal? Maybe a little. Hopeless? Maybe. Bright? No. But maybe, if it were adjective, which meant alltogether above, it would be this...
I'd include you, intrige, in top-ten mostly infected, among our infected :D
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 pm

intrige wrote:recodnize
I love it when you talk like this. Head cold or just tired? This becomes number 2 on my short list of cute sayings by Trige. You already know what number 1 is: "Poorn Eli." I love it!

But, really, keep up the great creativity. It means a lot to so many of us.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Art”