Harbour Doodle

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Opeth

Harbour Doodle

Post by Opeth » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 am

The day before Anders was due to go back to the city, he went over to Henrik’s cottage anyway. As he approached the door he could hear the music from inside, ‘There Is a Light That Never Goes Out’. He knocked.
The music was turned off and Henrik opened the door. He looked just the same as always, except that he had more pimples than before. Anders could see a pile of chocolate biscuit wrappers on the floor inside. Henrik made no move to let him in.
‘Hi,’ said Anders. ‘I just…I’m going home tomorrow, so I…I just thought I’d say goodbye.’
A bitter smile distorted Henrik’s mouth. When Anders didn’t say or do anything else, the smile disappeared, and for a couple of seconds Henrik’s face was naked.
‘I didn’t do it,’ he said. ‘Just so you know. I didn’t do it. I just… it was nothing. I brushed against her. And she started screaming.’ Henrik fixed his naked gaze on Anders’ eyes. ‘Do you believe me?’
Anders nodded. ‘Yes.’
‘Good.’ Henrik’s face closed down again, that smile came back. He said, ‘In the days when you were hopelessly poor, I just liked you more.’
Anders realised this was a quote, but couldn’t place it, so he simply said, ‘Mm.’
‘Bye then,’ said Henrik, and closed the door.

Just a quick doodle, I thoughtthat quote was said to Anders towards the end when he has Spiritus at the boathouse.I guess not.

Jameron

Re: Harbour Doodle

Post by Jameron » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 pm

I like the bunch of flowers hanging off the back of Henrik’s belt. :D
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Return to “Fan Art”