Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaboration

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Opeth

Re: Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaborat

Post by Opeth » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm

:mrgreen: Fantastic, this is one of my favourite stories - it's great to see another illustration for this one, oh Eli... I will really have to read EP again some time. I even listened to Bernstein's take on No. 9 the other day because of this, I hadn't heard it since I was in school studying music three years ago. I don't think we ever actually got to hear it/watch it in full, our teachers were always getting replaced because they often didn't turn up or got distracted while we were in class. The head of the music department was also an alcoholic and partly in charge of the school's absences so that wasn't a good mix. :| :lol: There's still a part of me that doesn't like some of the choral bits in the final movement, still a mesmerizing symphony either way.

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Opeth wrote::mrgreen: Fantastic, this is one of my favourite stories - it's great to see another illustration for this one, oh Eli... I will really have to read EP again some time. I even listened to Bernstein's take on No. 9 the other day because of this, I hadn't heard it since I was in school studying music three years ago. I don't think we ever actually got to hear it/watch it in full, our teachers were always getting replaced because they often didn't turn up or got distracted while we were in class. The head of the music department was also an alcoholic and partly in charge of the school's absences so that wasn't a good mix. :| :lol: There's still a part of me that doesn't like some of the choral bits in the final movement, still a mesmerizing symphony either way.
I'm glad you like it :)
uuuh what you wrote about the head of the music department sounds really like it wasn't a good mix :| :)
If everything goes right i will go to a symphoniekonzert in innsbruck where Beethoven's 6th symphonie will be played... i'm really looking forward to this

http://www.landestheater.at/info/konzer ... onzert-141

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Hannah’s revenge.

Daniel got this one perfect. Notice that, in spite of Hannah’s efforts, a bit of the pixie remains. :wub:

She sat back on her haunches, flexed her claws a couple of times, then pulled her knees up to her chest. “What do you think, Eli? Are the colors nice?”

The Eli Chronicles, Chapter 43: The Cave
Last edited by PeteMork on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:04 am

Ooooo...how I yearn for new art from Daniel. I have a folder of all that I've seen here. I look at it to give me a big smile when I need a big smile.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Her eyes are absolutely wild :lol: :lol:
Hannah-banana :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:41 pm

dongregg wrote:Ooooo...how I yearn for new art from Daniel. I have a folder of all that I've seen here. I look at it to give me a big smile when I need a big smile.
Hehe ... me too.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:02 am

I probably should have included the text right before she "sat back on her haunches" It might have opened a few more eyes: :shock:
In a sudden blur of pink fairies, she was on him, hissing and snarling. Eli saw her coming and slipped gracefully off the end of the bed just in the nick of time.

Oskar lay there in shock for a second, mouth open and eyes wide, no more than a couple inches from the most awful set of fangs he had ever seen. His upper arms were pinned firmly to the bed by a set of magnificent rusty-red claws.

He screamed.

“Say Uncle!!” she hissed. She pressed her fangs against his neck. He grabbed her wrists but could tell immediately that he was outmatched. Simply put, her arms were steel-strong and unyielding.

“Uncle,” he gasped.

“I didn’t hear you! What did you say?” she ran her tongue back and forth over his jugular.

“Uncle! For God’s sake, Uncle! Uncle!” he screeched hoarsely.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Thankyou all! like i said I'm always very delighted about all your coments :)
dongregg wrote:Ooooo...how I yearn for new art from Daniel. I have a folder of all that I've seen here. I look at it to give me a big smile when I need a big smile.
Jameron wrote:Hehe ... me too.

wow! :oops: :) I really, really appreciate this!

All the comments allways encouraged me so much. Already in the "Comic Eli"-Thread. :) hmmm.... i thought of something... :think: ;)
gkmoberg1 wrote:wow! nice daggers...
Clubmeister wrote:Her eyes are absolutely wild :lol: :lol:
Hannah-banana :)
:lol: yaaaa! Hannah-banana! Isn't she awesome? :D i guess she is really proud of her clawes right at that moment :D
Hannah is such a lighthearted an lovable character its always a lot of fun to draw scenes with her :)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Oskar
3-D glasses required after I've performed a stereoscopic conversion.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Fan Art”