Burden - Fanvid

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Clubmeister

Re: Burden - Fanvid

Post by Clubmeister » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Hm... This work pays attention on itself... And the music is interesting
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Opeth

Re: Burden - Fanvid

Post by Opeth » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:05 am

Daniel Ether wrote:Awesome video! I too like it very much. Good that you finished it. I really like the feeling of this one. Especially the scene where you see Eli alone, reaching for the wall to Oskar together with the scene where both are so close to each other... it works so great. :(
I will listen to Opeth more... :geek: :D
Cheers, bringing it up with you motivated me to take another look at it & finish it off. Opposite scenes, because of the bedroom event added in it's much darker. I also made the opacity higher and higher with each scene starting from where Håkan first appears so each of those scenes overtakes the time that Eli spends with Oskar, until the last scene becomes completely dominant. I had a lot of fun making the start of it until it literally becomes a nightmare after the solo, I haven't seen the movie in some time so it hit me quite hard piecing this together. With what I know about your tastes I think it is safe to say you won't be disappointed if you dig further into them. They have a lot of material. :D
Clubmeister wrote:Hm... This work pays attention on itself... And the music is interesting
Thanks Club, happy to hear that you think so. "Burden" is in standard tuning and the next song on the album is actually in drop D, I think the guitar might be detuned further than that though. I'm sure it is detuned digitally, you'd need multiple people to detune all of the strings and it'd be difficult to get it right. Just about all of their songs are in E.

Return to “Fan Art”