Fanvideo: Not a girl

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
intrige

Fanvideo: Not a girl

Post by intrige » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 am

Youtube desctiption:
Commentary: For the scenes that actually are in the movie, that ain't deleted, they seem to.. Crack a bit. The moviefile had something wrong with it without me notecing it until after I had eddited this. Not wanting all the work going to waste I am still putting this out. Hope you don't get too annoyed with it, and I will try to fix it within the next fanvideo.

Doe to the fact that this video might not give any sense, mainly because I really did change the plot quite a bit, I want to explain it.

Plot: Oskar finds out that Eli has a scar, which makes him realize that Eli in fact is not a girl. He's dwelling upon this, going though weather or not he is gay. Even cries about it, yet he and Eli still seem to grow closer. When Conny and his bullies see Oskar and Eli together, somehow understanding that Eli isn't a girl, they punnish Oskar the next day. By beating him up at the toilets in school. That evening, frustrated and angry Oskar hits Eli across the face. But when Oskar is looking into Eli's hurt eyes and realizing that it ain't anyones fault, and looking back at their most intimate moments together. Oskar regrets, and start to acsept himself and Eli for who they are.

Actually this is the first video where I really have handled the gender complexes and relationshop complexses between Oskar and Eli. And I really hope I handled those topics well. I hope you like it :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Clubmeister

Re: Fanvideo: Not a girl

Post by Clubmeister » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:33 pm

I like the music and I envy sophistication of your interpretation. And editing is very smooth and fits your plot.
But for me - the movie and the book will always be apart.
In the movie - Eli is a girl. And with Lina Leandersson I don't see other ways.
In the book - Eli is Eli...
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 pm

I also liked your interpretation about if Oskar discover that Eli was a boy and not a girl from the very beginning. I liked the quote from the book that is put at the beginning and also that you put the plot. That helped me to understand what the video was about. The editing is also good. :) A nice video as always. ;)
After I watch the movie things were never the same. :D To me Eli will always be a girl do to Lina's performance. :)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 am

Viewed and commented.

"Nice :D

I love the way Conny and Martin are shocked by what they see. A good twist on a plot point, well done.

And which <expletive deleted> voted this video down?"

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks you guys! I am glad you liked it! It was actually pretty amusing to change the plot a bit, and I rarely see that in fanvids, so maybe folkes will watch it and be like: Wow .. She changed it.. :D
The downvote I don't really care about. Maybe someone was homophobic, but whatever. It's just one downvote, it it been like.. five, I would have cared more..
Thanks again! :D

Opeth

Post by Opeth » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 am

You're on a roll lately! Editing videos late at night is pretty relaxing/de-stressing, it's up there with writing for me. Shame about some of the scenes but it didn't really bother me anyway, nice to see ya changed up the plot again. I like the fades: Virginia in flames over Eli & Oskar, they're used well. Good job, hope you keep making fan videos. :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 am

Thank you! With Ginias flames I wanted to show the warmth of Oskar's feelings. A bit cheesy but I am sure that's what you got of it ;)
I will most defenetly keep'em coming. It's soooo easy to make fanvids these days :roll:

Ingenting-ing

Post by Ingenting-ing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:27 pm

If somebody told me they were planning to make a fanvid using LTROI movie footage, but not follow the movie storyline, or even the book exactly -- I probably would have said it sounds risky and not like a good idea. But I'm glad you made this because when I watch it, it does work for me. The editing feels seamless, the music is haunting and seductive -- like some river of meaning that flows beneath the images. So I just settle in and completely accept the new story. More like dreaming about LTROI than like watching LTROI. Thank you for creating this beautiful dream. :D
Är du här igen?

Opeth

Post by Opeth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 am

intrige wrote:Thank you! With Ginias flames I wanted to show the warmth of Oskar's feelings. A bit cheesy but I am sure that's what you got of it ;)
I will most defenetly keep'em coming. It's soooo easy to make fanvids these days :roll:
You're welcome! Meh, I wouldn't say its cheesy but that's just me, even if I thought that I'd overlook it for the symbolism most likely. :P Hey, as long as you still enjoy creating. :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 am

Ingenting-ing wrote:If somebody told me they were planning to make a fanvid using LTROI movie footage, but not follow the movie storyline, or even the book exactly -- I probably would have said it sounds risky and not like a good idea. But I'm glad you made this because when I watch it, it does work for me. The editing feels seamless, the music is haunting and seductive -- like some river of meaning that flows beneath the images. So I just settle in and completely accept the new story. More like dreaming about LTROI than like watching LTROI. Thank you for creating this beautiful dream. :D
You're welcome dude! ;) I did not inted to create a dream, but when you bring it uo, it really do feel like a dream!

Return to “Fan Art”