Jessy7217 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:51 am
rätte/rat Hilarious!
It's a Swedish pun. Råtta = "Rat".
I figured that out. Which is why I said it's hilarious. 😊

Siggdalos

Re: LTROI tumblr art

Post by Siggdalos » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:59 pm

I'd never taken the time to look through this thread from start to finish before. There's great stuff on almost every page, but I think the pieces that resonate with me the most are the ones that diverge from the film. Not that there's anything wrong with the film-inspired artwork (I myself don't have a firm image of O&E in my head, but I think it tends to be closer to Kåre and Lina than to how they're described in the book), but it's always nice to see some variety too.

If I had to pick a favorite I think it'd have to be this one, simply because it's so different from what you usually see (although I don't think Oskar is quite that size in the book):

I'm also really fond of all these:

Some very cool and interesting design in this one:

Lastly, this crossover has no right working as well as it does. :lol:

@intrige: If you post more in the future, I think it'd be nice to include the name of the artist and a link to their page when possible so they can know their work is appreciated. :)
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon May 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Yeah I know, but with tumblr, pintrest and the like it is really hard to find the person who qactually made it. It is saved reposted many times over. In the beginning of this thread I remember trying to do that, and I simply hit a head end with all of them so I just gave up. I feel bad about that because these artists really do deserve to know how much we love their work and credit for their craft. But alas, it is nrealy impossible to do.

I will try to do so for the next post whenever the spirit of Eli compels me, but I can¨t promise much.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Mon May 01, 2023 8:25 pm

I see. I'll admit, I've never managed to wrap my head around how Tumblr works. And no worries--I can imagine compiling all the images in the first place is a lot of work as-is. :wub:
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:08 am

intrige wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:30 pm
Yeah I know, but with tumblr, pintrest and the like it is really hard to find the person who qactually made it. It is saved reposted many times over. In the beginning of this thread I remember trying to do that, and I simply hit a head end with all of them so I just gave up. I feel bad about that because these artists really do deserve to know how much we love their work and credit for their craft. But alas, it is nrealy impossible to do.

I will try to do so for the next post whenever the spirit of Eli compels me, but I can¨t promise much.
I could try reverse image searching using google lens, and see what pops up..I've been able to find original.sources that way, before.

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue May 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Sure you can try! I'd be happy to see who made all this art! :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Fan Art”