LTROI tumblr art

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: LTROI tumblr art

Post by dongregg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Ha ha! Tack! :oops:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Here we go again :D

Also there is this website that helps you with storyboards with no artistic talent: aka all the drawings are pre-made:

Og so I found this artstation account with lots of LTROI inspired drawings, but most of them are bloody, creepy and disturbing. So WARNING for everyone:
https://static.zerochan.net/Oskar.full.1339269.jpg
So I will show you the tamest and nicest ones, in my opinion:

Ugh, that artstation account left a baaad taste in my mouth. So that's all for now :|
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:44 am

intrige wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Here we go again :D

Thanks intrige. I loved this one.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Cool artworks from the turkish stage adaptation:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:49 pm

It's been a long minute, but here we go again:

Tumblr:
I’m theorizing that Oskar of The School for Little Vampires got his name (and some personality traits?) from Oskar in Let The Right One in by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Seeing as TSLV got a lot of its ideas from vampire media, it would make sense that Oskar is no exception.
LTROI was written in 2004, while TSLV was first aired in 2006. This is entirely possible. It’s like they’re the same person in different universes… if you discount the mood style and age rating of their respective media.

Many crossovers in these two never the less!
Everytime I'm in my basement I'm like "this is just like in the Swedish horror romance novel Let the right one in" even though it's really nothing like that.
Ltroi was my twilight . #staybougie
Same.. XD

One of the funniest exchanges between Oskar and Eli:

“I was born about two hundred and twenty years ago, but half the time I’ve slept.”
“That’s normal, I do that too.”
An old classic :D
God, the way let the right one in is about two abused kids who basically had their childhood ripped from them finding solace in each other. and just getting to be silly with each other. GOD
persefoniajax asked:
Thanks for reblogging my post about works in translation XD. I actually made it after finishing Let the Right One In because, among other things, pronoun shenanigans with Eli got me wondering. What's your favourite part of LTROI, book or movie? I personally just love the bleak horror vibes of suburban Sweden in the winter, the sort of detached blue of the movie that I feel really did come from the sad, quasi-optimistic innocent-view-of-horror-because-Oskar's-a-child tone of the book, although what I did appreciate from the book is how much more in-depth it went into all of the characters, especially Eli. Also if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

Ltroi is my absolute favourite book so thank you for this opportunity to ramble about it! I really love the aesthetics/ vibes of the book as well that’s what drew me in originally with gifs from the movie (although I ended up reading the book first). I really love mundane horror and I always favour cold settings for horror story’s. John Ajvide’s writing style conveys it so well, it’s so simple but so vivid I love it. I’m working my way through the rest of his books atm. My favourite part is definitely being able to see how much Eli and Oskar care for each other throughout, they have such a sweet bond that’s kind of cathartic for me since 12-13 was the age for me when I was the loneliest (I related the Oskar more then any character I’ve ever read) and I wanted so badly to be able to just click with someone. Also the way Eli and gender stuff is handled, it’s not perfect but it’s still so important to me especially in the way Oskar takes it and how quickly he gets over Eli not being a girl because he loves him anyway. I may of cried a little when Eli’s pronouns switched later in the book, also the part where Oskar asks his teacher if two boys can be in love made me cry. It’s such a childish, innocent question and it just felt so real. I don’t mind you asking, I’m from England :)
I just fuond out John Ajvide Lindqvist’s wife is 18 older than him... so who’s the self-insert in Let The Right One In now? (It’s Stefan).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: John look away, look away!!
eli from ltroi is relateable because i, too sometimes stop maintaining personal hygiene for centuries and then only start showering regularly again to impress a crush
Oh my.. :oops: 8-) How did that get in here? ;)
tfw you dress super nicely for your human bf and he makes you enter his flat without being asked in so you bleed all over your white blouse #justvampirethings
:lol:
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

JToede

Post by JToede » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:22 am

intrige wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:49 pm
Oh my.. :oops: 8-) How did that get in here? ;)
HMMMMMM... the artwork looks familiar. I wonder who...... :think:
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:32 pm

Rat Eli is something I didn't know I needed in my life.

intrige wrote:
tfw you dress super nicely for your human bf and he makes you enter his flat without being asked in so you bleed all over your white blouse #justvampirethings
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:51 am

intrige wrote:
It's been a long minute, but here we go again:

That pic of Eli and Oskar is so well done!

rätte/rat Hilarious!

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:18 pm

Jessy7217 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:51 am
rätte/rat Hilarious!
It's a Swedish pun. Råtta = "Rat".
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Return to “Fan Art”