angel for Eli

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
mackousko

Re: angel for Eli

Post by mackousko » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:35 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:The top of the "statue's" head is glowing... :think:

It's volumetric light , Effect when light crosses dust in the air . It´s above angels head on purpose to add the feeling like on the picture you posted. But without supernatural deeds ;)

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:51 pm

I don't think Drakkar is as dry as you seem to imagine, Mack, his comment doesn't detract from the picture's impact, just gives it a physical-layer context. Presumably someone coming across a hibernating Eli would not see her guardian angel [even if it was there]. :think:

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm

DMt. wrote:I don't think Drakkar is as dry as you seem to imagine, Mack, his comment doesn't detract from the picture's impact, just gives it a physical-layer context. Presumably someone coming across a hibernating Eli would not see her guardian angel [even if it was there]. :think:

Another problem with translation? Maybe dry is not the right word. His feelings after watching are "dry" means he can only see what obvious. And he find it unatractive , because he sees only "regular sleep in some crypt" That´s why i feel pitty , that the picture is capable to show only what obvious and had less ability to wake imagination. I wanted to paint more that a dokumentary about how hibernating Eli looks. So it´s bad painted . :oops: Can only try to do it better next time, or quit trying.

In general : I would be happy if i knew my pictures are able to add something NEW and interesting to Ltroi , and are not completely unwatchable. I never plan "great impacts" . Why should i ?

moonvibe34

Post by moonvibe34 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Very intriguing pic. I can easily imagine it being a scene from some point in Eli's life when she was in a very interesting place.
Masterfully done by the way. I saw the two looming figures as statues right away. ;)
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

mackousko wrote:In general : I would be happy if i knew my pictures are able to add something NEW and interesting to Ltroi , and are not completely unwatchable. I never plan "great impacts" . Why should i ?
To me, this picture is absolutely beautiful. You've created a mystical, other-worldly vision in a real world setting. No haloes, just moonlight perhaps finding its way through a small crack in the tomb. And the observer wonders why Eli would pick a place like that to sleep, adding an even more mysterious air to the painting. And the cobwebs are positive proof that Eli is still in our world, our only real 'angel', made of flesh and blood, rather than cold stone.

If your aim was to add something NEW and intersting to the story of LTROI, you've succeded beyond your wildest expectations!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:58 pm

mackousko wrote: I never plan "great impacts" . Why should i ?
Why indeed. Our job is to feel and to report truthfully; trying to plan great impacts is calculation, not inspiration.

Johnny B

Post by Johnny B » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Really like the colours on the statue, gives the feeling and presence of weighty stone. Nice :)

lombano

Post by lombano » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Great picture, love the lighting. The huge statues give it an otherworldly air, like the Doré ilustrations for Dante's Inferno. The symbolism is intriguing - the Angel of Death and the guardian angel?
Bli mig lite.

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:44 pm

lombano wrote:the Angel of Death and the guardian angel?
Thanx

Please. You decide what you see !

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:51 am

mackousko wrote:Please. You decide what you see !
Eli has chosen to crawl into the lap of an angel to sleep. Could it be that after everything, Eli still clings to a hope of salvation? Eli seeks for the angel to protect him from death - not from the death that he fears - but from the death that he is.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Fan Art”